Thread: another Texas question!

Fhat Cat
    MRS Fhat Kat here... I have a chance to transfer to Fort worth but the only way my husband will go is if there are lakes around,and we can buy a lake front house. My son plays football so anyone know of some good High school football programs in the area? So whats the scoop on texas!!
    Thanks for the help...

cookieman
    Ok I have the answer for you .... Lake Granbury, Granbury, Texas 35 mi. SW of Fort Worth. Constant level lake, River lake, part of ther Brazos river chain. Great town , growing town, good schools, big boats on this lake. We have plenty of 25 and up high performance boats on this lake. Fountains, Baja's,Eliminators, Scaraba's and of course plenty of hot jetboats. Check out my web site. Any other ?'s just pm me. We have lived here 4 years now and have watched this town grow. Love-it here, just far enough to be away from the big city of Fort Worth. Check us out. TTUL Bill"cookieman"

vdrivenman
    you might check out The Colony on lake lewisville.
    our son is the varsity linebacker/special teams coordinator at the HS.
    a large 5a program with some fine facilities.

Fhat Cat
    Looked at granbury on the internet. sounds like the perfit place. Home price donot seem to high!, even lake front! Maybe out into weekes to check Texas out and look at some real estate we willl see. Another texas towns close to Fort worth with lake front homes??
    Thanks for any info!!

txboatnut
    you might look around the eagle mountain area also. That is where I Live. I do not have lake front but I live in between lake worth and eagle mountain lake so I can be on either one in about 15 min.

Cheyenne372
    You might try this link to see the top rated Texas High School Football ratings.
    http://www.texasfootball.com/

FILUCKY
    Just moved to Granbury TX about 2 1/2 years ago from Utah and i love it! Lots of great people and great ***boaters too! I miss lake Powell but the people down here more then make up for missing my favorite lake, Texas also has lots of nice lakes, so come on down. Lots of money to be had and a low cost of living means lots of toys!

StealBlueZ
    you might check out The Colony on lake lewisville.
    our son is the varsity linebacker/special teams coordinator at the HS.
    a large 5a program with some fine facilities.
    Yeh, and the town is just next to Lake Lewisville. It's a big lake with lots of property on the water, especially on the north ends. There's a few "hang outs" on the water; Charlies' and Sneaky Petes' on the east & west (The Colony) sides. Big & small boats, burgers, beer and the sceenery, of course.
    The footbal program is moving up, fast. Was in contention for state titles a few years running back, but since I moved from there, I haven't kept up with the games, but I do know that they give west Texas teams a ruff time. Now with V-drive man's son as part of the coaching staff, they're gonna be trouble for opposing teams.
    Big companies just next door; EDS, JC Penny, CountryWide, Frito Lay and DFW airport is just about 15-25 minutes down the highway, depending on traffic.
    Check it out this link: www.colonyleader.com.
    It's a neet place to be and the area is growing up fast! Come check it out !
    randy

Red Horse
    There are quite a few lakes in that part of Texas. The ones mentioned above and then Possum Kingdom, Lake Whitney, Texoma. One on the east side of Dallas, name escapes me. Farther south you have Travis, Canyon, Buchanan. Many lakes, lots of cool people.