Thread: ID Plate(?)...

Devilman
    While working in my boat, I've found there is no ID(?) plate. There is a spot right by the forward/reverse cable that has 4 holes about the right size for one of those plates. More than likely was removed when the boat was painted, & got lost or something. Is this a minor detail, or something I need to look into... what info. does that plate carry? Thanks!

waterwitch
    For us, in AZ it was a BIG deal.
    We had to have the boat inspected 3 times,
    then bonded by our insurance company.
    From there the Fish and Game gave us a
    new hull number. Kind of a pain, but like I said,
    that was AZ, and we bought the boat from Ca.

my boat ('73 Kona) was an orig AZ boat & then it went to Cal...where i bought & licensed (tagged) it...i ran it for a few years there & then moved to AZ & had it tagged here...i never had to take it to F&G to have it inspected...just the title etc...on the bk rite side of the transom is a hull #...which is the same as the # on the title & reg...if they/urs match...i think ur good to go...i have no tag anywhere inside the boat
    fastrat

victorfb
    the missing tag that was mounted near the forward/reverse lever is most likely the USCG(united states coast guard) capasities tag. this has no coalition with the registration numbers. it only states the capasity of the vessel in usually both wieght and persons. the numbers you are needing for registration are normally molded into the hull during manufacturing. this was not mandatory till i believe 1973 and only on vessels manufactured for recreational use. many race hulls were layed up without these numbers that are on the right side transum. on occasion there was a seperate registration tag attached inside the hull at various locations, but not common.

Devilman
    The title has the Hull ID#, Motor#, & the Outdrive#. Its tags are current till May 31st, so I figure might as well transfer the registration to my name & have current tags as well. Sounds like no big deal then.... unless da MAN wants to inspect it. Thanks for the info! :mix:
    I did see some numbers at the top on the right rear corner of the boat, but didn't look closeley at them, they looked kinda hard to read.(filled with paint)..

wet77
    My 1985 21' daytona eliminator has no tag on it and it looked like it never did, just the hull ID number on the transum.
    There is no person or wheight capacity tag is this normal?

cole13
    My 1985 21' daytona eliminator has no tag on it and it looked like it never did, just the hull ID number on the transum.
    There is no person or wheight capacity tag is this normal?
    Same as mine, dont know!

SmokinLowriderSS
    I think they are supposed to have a capacity plate unless for racing of course. No time this AM, I'll look this up tonight if nobody beats me to it.