Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Odyssey or Optima

ClownRoyal
    They better for what those damn hold downs cost, huh?
    Got a deal...gave me 9 bucks off of each.

ClownRoyal
    You stole 'em.
    I said 9 bucks off of each...not 9 bucks each. :hammerhea

boxscore
    I would say that we could just use mine...but I know how you DCB guys are about having "non-DCB" stuff touch your boat.

I'm thinking you'd look good in a DCB T-shirt. I'll pass along one of my FREE ones (what an incentive to buy a boat, eh?) to you. What size? errr...how many X's? Prolly the same as me.

Kilrtoy
    Come on its a DCB
    ODYSSEY nothing but the BEST for the BEST.....

Havasu Hangin'
    I'm thinking you'd look good in a DCB T-shirt. I'll pass along one of my FREE ones (what an incentive to buy a boat, eh?) to you. What size? errr...how many X's? Prolly the same as me.
    If you can get me a DCB shirt with a big pic of Dave on it...I'll wear it (kinda like the new Powerboat pg. 108)...and a big caption, "Hollywood Dave for President".
    And how about on the back, "Kool-Aid does a boater good" (maybe a pic of Carlos)
    Size wise? I'll have to get back to you...I seem to be growing by the day.

Tom Brown
    For cranking, I think the Optima red top is the only way to go. Nice and clean (no acid spills), small, tons of power, will last forever, and can be had at Walmart for $150 CDN. I haven't found anything that compete.

boxscore
    Size wise? I'll have to get back to you...I seem to be growing by the day.

I've heard... Charley has been PMing me every day with updates.

rivercrazy
    Anybody that tells you to buy an Optima either sells them or owns stock. Odyssey, no comparison. It's like saying a Mercedes and a Hyundai are the same because they are both cars.
    Interesting! I don't own stock or sell them and have 3 of em in my boat. Going on their 5th season with a 2300 watt stereo. They are still going just like new.
    I'm sure either brand is fine. But my experience with Optima has been stellar. Since my IQ is low, I guess I just got lucky!

HM
    What about the guys who run the Trojans 6 volt in series? Wasn't RD and Froggystyle doing something like this?
    BTW - I have 2 Optima yellow tops that push a Pioneer cassette deck with 25 watts x's 2 to 2 6" pioneer marine speakers. Funny how I never get any complaints about being too loud.

Dave C
    I run optimas but I haven't tried the Oddessey..... The optimas work good.
    The interstate "battery guy" told me to use yellow tops for the stereo in the boat. He didn't tell me why.
    This is of course after I already bought the red tops.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast