Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Odyssey or Optima

prozach
    I know the military uses the odyssey batteries so they must be good. I have a 2150 and a 1700 and they work great. However they weigh a bunch. I thing the 2150 is about 80 lbs.

Bense468
    LIFELINE
    They are local, and a great battery
    http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/

mbrown2
    Apparently...weight is not an issue in a 10,000 lb. boat. :notam:
    LMAO...

jeepinscott
    I've had three optimas go out in my jeep in the last year. I bought a set of Odyssey batteries this time, so we'll see. When the optimas first came to market they were great. Nothing like them were around. Since then, they sold to johnson control. A large company that can meet the demand that was out there. The only problem was a serious lack of quality control.
    Yellow tops are deep cycle, they are intended to be drawn down very low and are supposed to come back to full without damage.

mbrown2
    Two Odyssey 2120 for Stereo and 1 1200 for Starting should be good....Evo22 can hook you up with Odyssey's...if you need them....I went with 1700's before the 2120's came out in the Malibu and it lasts all day...

HM
    What about the guys who run the Trojans 6 volt in series? Wasn't RD and Froggystyle doing something like this?
    I guess this method is now old school? I will go look for one of the threads from back in the day.

mbrown2
    I guess this method is now old school? I will go look for one of the threads from back in the day.
    I would not consider it old school and if you can get your hands on the new Gel 6Volts it might be the way to go if you are not to concerned about weight...

Tom Brown
    I've had three optimas go out in my jeep in the last year.
    Check your charge voltage. I'll bet you'll boil the water off a wet cell too.
    The Oddyseys probably won't make out a lot better.

HM
    I would not consider it old school and if you can get your hands on the new Gel 6Volts it might be the way to go if you are not to concerned about weight...
    O.k., I just read a few exerpts from a couple threads and realize that my question really deviates from the question stated in this thread. Sorry if I rehash any old debates.
    I am an engineer at heart, so I like the idea of creative solutions and doing things differently.

jbtrailerjim
    I just bought two Odyssey 2150's I'm putting in my boat to power my system and I have one group 24 marine for the motor. As much as the Odyssey cost, I'm hoping they last a long time. :jawdrop:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast