Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you have kids

Wicky
    See, we're like brothers that were separated at birth, except I'm the better looking one.
    Yes, but I got the BIG penis!!!!

Bre
    My kids actually bring their books to me every night so I can read to them. I read the book to them, then when I am done they read the book to me. Neither one of them knows how to read but its fun listeneing to them tell the story. Its also amazing how much they absorb and can repeat back.
    Kailey does the same thing.... but sometimes she makes the story better :wink:

Wicky
    When ya got it flaunt it!!

Wicky
    The terms of your probation clearly suggest otherwise.
    How did you know I was on probation? They told me I could work again as soon as the rash cleared up!!

Freak
    My sister is a few years older than I and when we were young I would sit and do her home work with her. Man let me tell you it really paid off for me. I blew through mathamatics/english/science in school cause I already knew it.
    I wish I could remember all that stuff now. LOL....

Ziggy
    My daughter was read to every day of her life until she came to reading it herself around 3 1/2 or 4...this includes prenatal. Now she's a 6th grade HonorRoll student in the 95 pertile of the state with close to a 3.8 GPA(she doesn't like to do math but can).
    We attribute it to our reading to her early on. She's a book worm and can read all day long these days. Funny part was at 7 and 8 she was correcting her HighSchool brothers grammar and spelling who didn't get the same attention at his age...
    Read to your kids daily---you and they will be much better off later in life.

DogHouse
    We read with the munchkins almost every night. Mom does most of the work but I help too. It's really cool when our 7 yr old takes charge and reads to us. She's just completing first grade but has now passed the 4.0 test which puts her at a fourth grade reading level. Does pretty darn good at math too, knows the times tables like I can't believe and even some fractions too! Kids are amazing! I'm just a little bit proud...

sorry dog
    Yep, she does that too, except she usually holds the book upside down.
    She does something that really freaks me out. I think she has my photographic memory. When we ride in the SUV, we usually play a Disney movie. If you listen closely, you can actually hear her reciting the lines, word for word. At first, I thought it was because she had seen the movies so many times, but then I realized she does it with movies she's only seen once or twice. It's kind of spooky, she's not even 3 yet.
    Now try the Southpark Movie and see what happens... :smile:

sorry dog
    My daughter was read to every day of her life until she came to reading it herself around 3 1/2 or 4...this includes prenatal. Now she's a 6th grade HonorRoll student in the 95 pertile of the state with close to a 3.8 GPA(she doesn't like to do math but can).
    Not bad...
    I was read too everyday and I had a 1.5 GPA in 6th grade.

LOWRIVER2
    No kids here, but I read aloud to people every night:
    You have the right to remain silent, do you understand?
    Anything you say may be used against you in court. Do you understand?
    You have the right to the presence of an attorney before and during any questioning. Do you understand?
    If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you, free of charge, before any questioning, if you want. Do you understand?
    And I even get to ask them an engaging question:
    Do you want to talk about what happened?
    Read to your kids, it will reduce the chances of someone like me reading them the above script later in life. Competency breeds confidence which helps develop common sense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast