Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: OK, it's getting close to being official...

Dave C
    no kidding, my partner is a slow-poke sail boater. He just got a new 35' catalina sailboat. (like that means anything to us).
    He had to pay for a survey and a haul out, scrape-and-paint for $2,000. :2purples:
    Anyone looking for a career there are tons of sail boats out here.
    Yeah, and I realized when I wrote the guy a check for $550 to come up from Tucson and do it that I'm in the wrong business. I called every SAMS approved survey guy in the state and they were all 2-3 weeks out. Anyone looking for a career change as marine survey would be a good place to go.

phebus
    Yeah, and I realized when I wrote the guy a check for $550 to come up from Tucson and do it that I'm in the wrong business. I called every SAMS approved survey guy in the state and they were all 2-3 weeks out. Anyone looking for a career change as marine survey would be a good place to go.
    If they retire me from the fire service on a medical, part of my retirement includes re-training into a new profession. I think I might have just picked one. Does anyone know who trains and certifies surveyor's?

Jordy
    If they retire me from the fire service on a medical, part of my retirement includes re-training into a new profession. I think I might have just picked one. Does anyone know who trains and certifies surveyor's?
    You might check with SAMS as they are the big go to group that everyone wants certification from for finance and insurance.
    http://www.marinesurvey.org/
    That should at least get ya started.
    p.s. If you go this route, I expect a discount next time I need one done.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011