Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boaters Courtesy.

dmontzsta
    We were out at Elsinore yesterday. The first trip out in the morning was great, boat ran strong after staying up until midnight the night before rebuilding the top half, but right at the no wake zone going in to the cove, the boat stalls. The batteries were dead, seems all the stereo play just drained them down and from Cranes to the Cove wasnt enough to charge them (not to mention the stereo was full blast from Cranes to the Cove).
    So, we are sitting there waiting for someone to pass, we see a whacker (I know this boat and saw him again, I will remember this boat and so will my dad). We ask "Hey, can you give us a tow to Cranes?" He acts as if he doesnt hear us, when he is 10' away. So I yell it once or twice more and finally he says "I need a soda" and continues in to the cove, I ask again and he says "I cant go that far". My son is crying cause he wants to go home and is a little scared. Me and my dad looked at eachother in shock, like "WTF is up with this guy". For all he knew we could have been taking on water or something. You dont just turn your back and drive away like that. About 1 hour later, what do we see? We are sitting on the beach and that boat was in front of cranes cruising along having a good ole time.
    This just pisses me off, I dont know if it is anyone from the boards, but boaters with this attitude should not be on the water. If someone is in need, you must help them or atleast see what the deal is, especially if they are flagging you down. My dad ended up towing a guy and his daughter from in front of cranes all the way around the lake and to the city ramp shortly after this, he did not turn his back and say "I cant go that far".
    I remember this boat and if it is out there again broken down, I will be sure to pass it up, I hate to act like that, but karma is a bioch. We usually cruise in packs of 2-3 boats too, but this time it was solo. I will be sure that from 1-3 or even sometimes 4 and 5 DO NOT stop for this boat, after all, we cant go that far and need a soda.

WYRD
    That sucks bro............I would of stopped and helped for sure..........It is just the way my Dad raised me on the water Sheit if nothing else I would of keep you company and drank a cold one while we looked like we knew what we were doing

tamalewagon
    that sucks Don. Dude must have been a complete chump not to help a fellow boater out in time of need.

lucky
    We were out at Elsinore yesterday. The first trip out in the morning was great, boat ran strong after staying up until midnight the night before rebuilding the top half, but right at the no wake zone going in to the cove, the boat stalls. The batteries were dead, seems all the stereo play just drained them down and from Cranes to the Cove wasnt enough to charge them (not to mention the stereo was full blast from Cranes to the Cove).
    So, we are sitting there waiting for someone to pass, we see a whacker (I know this boat and saw him again, I will remember this boat and so will my dad). We ask "Hey, can you give us a tow to Cranes?" He acts as if he doesnt hear us, when he is 10' away. So I yell it once or twice more and finally he says "I need a soda" and continues in to the cove, I ask again and he says "I cant go that far". My son is crying cause he wants to go home and is a little scared. Me and my dad looked at eachother in shock, like "WTF is up with this guy". For all he knew we could have been taking on water or something. You dont just turn your back and drive away like that. About 1 hour later, what do we see? We are sitting on the beach and that boat was in front of cranes cruising along having a good ole time.
    This just pisses me off, I dont know if it is anyone from the boards, but boaters with this attitude should not be on the water. If someone is in need, you must help them or atleast see what the deal is, especially if they are flagging you down. My dad ended up towing a guy and his daughter from in front of cranes all the way around the lake and to the city ramp shortly after this, he did not turn his back and say "I cant go that far".
    I remember this boat and if it is out there again broken down, I will be sure to pass it up, I hate to act like that, but karma is a bioch. We usually cruise in packs of 2-3 boats too, but this time it was solo. I will be sure that from 1-3 or even sometimes 4 and 5 DO NOT stop for this boat, after all, we cant go that far and need a soda.
    see what a happens when you cap on hansen -- words out on you don-- don't **** with the wackers :idea: lmoa sry to heare you ran into a dick

Wally_Gator
    Almost every time out I tow someone in. Sunday we pulled a boat in that blew a freeze plug. Towed him from the cove to the sea monster in the chop.
    These guys on the boat were having too much fun to even notice that the water was still coming in.
    Offered the tow for free, yet they insisted on handing a couple of beers our way. Couldn't turn that one down...

dmontzsta
    WYRD: We need more people like you out there.
    tamalewagon: yeah, chump is the word, although at the time we had some better one for him.
    lucky: If the words out then its war on all outboards I see j/p I am sure there has to be some decent ones out there.
    Wally: Thats what its all about.

a catered life
    :cry: why are these people allowed to breath!!!!dam sorry to hear the bad news but as i learned there are butholes born everyday :yuk: i always help my fellow boater on land or the water

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Which wacker was it? Colors, make, etc??
    Sorry you had to experience bad boaters. I am sure he will get his.
    :wink:

dmontzsta
    Which wacker was it? Colors, make, etc??
    Sorry you had to experience bad boaters. I am sure he will get his.
    :wink:
    It was yellow and white from what I saw, the motor read "stoker 225"

Squirtin Thunder
    Don,
    Paint us a picture of this wacker please !!! It sounds like he or they are in need of an accidental roosting !!!
    Thanks
    Jim

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast