Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intake Question

I always ran 50 cc
    50's front & back?...what about jets?...power valves?

Anyone Have A Rect. Port Single Plane Intake?
    check www.Racingjunk.com item # 432097...very clean Victor Jr...rect port...a absolute steal!!...HURRY...i dont think its gonna last at the price he's asking
    fastrat

Anyone Have A Rect. Port Single Plane Intake?
    where do u live?...send me ur e-mail ady
    fastrat

ShutYaPieHole
    Why are you messin with the carb at all??? Put the thing back to stock, out of the box, and run it. Holleys are a little fat to start with, and usually work near parfect on a jet like yours. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    speed speed speed...thats why?

steelcomp
    speed speed speed...thats why?
    How much faster do you think you'll go by messing with your carb? You have better places to spend your time and effort in order to go faster that arbitrarily changing your carb. Honestly, if you don't know enough about what youre doing than to be able to jet your carb yourself, then my advice is to leave it stock, and leave it alone. Every engine's different, every lake's different, every day's different and to ask someone else what jets or power valve or squirter to run is irrelevant to your set up. If you want a good ball park starting place, the carb came that way. Go out and run it, and look at your plugs and make your changes accordingly.

steelcomp
    I always ran 50 cc
    I always laugh at that...(not you, Bense)...for those of you who like to know
    the silly little truths, Here's one for ya. These are not 50cc pumps...they're 5cc pumps. I don't know where the 50cc came from, and even holley calls then 50cc, but if they're referring to the volume of the pump, it's 5cc. The smaller ones are 3cc. If you think about it, 50cc's is near half the volume of a BB Chev open combustion chamber! 5cc's fills the big pump diafragm right to the top. Now maybe there's someone out there who can explain why they're called 50cc...that would be cool.

ShutYaPieHole
    Im Going Out Today With Three Different Carbs And And Whole Box Of Jets. She'll Be Right Soon Enough..........i Just Wanted A Few Opinions

SmokinLowriderSS
    The 30/50cc measurement is because Holley use a 10-stroke measurement standard.
    Just leave a good-running carb alone untill you get the new setup adjusted, and see if the carb needs adjusting.
    I rebuilt my 454 this winter, put in a .565 Isky kit, new long-slot stock rockers, RPM Air Gap manifold, and left my 700 Holley on, unchanged (Left the currently still working Marvin Miller N2O system on the under-carb plate too). She's running great trying to break her in still, only lost 1 brand new rocker from galling. I'll worry about major tweak adjustments later this summer.

ShutYaPieHole
    Ok folks
    I got my New victor jr. installed just wanted to know if i would benefit from using a 2" spacer (open or 4 holes)
    motor specs:
    9 to 1 comp.
    Clay smith h-300...570int/570exh
    990 heads w/pocket port
    victor jr./ 850 dp
    Indar 4" exhuast
    berkeley jc pump aggressor A impeller
    ShutYaPieHole

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123