Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lift 2004 Dodge?

LGCDEVIL
    Got a 2004 Dodge 4X4 diesel. Thinking about a 6" lift and 35"-37" tires. Anybody done this? Comments good or bad? Suggestions on which is the best kit? What about shops in SO-CAL for the install?

Eliminator 4 Life
    Whos your river daddy has a lifted dodge it is pretty sick and Im not a Dodge fan

WYRD
    I installed a 6" superlift on my 04 Dodge with the diesel. I am running 37" Toyos on 20" wheels with no offset. Everything tucks up real nice with minimal rubbing (only in a decline with a sharp turn) I like the superlift with exception of the drop links.(looks like they just extended the factory ones instead of fabricating their own.) I had one break at the weld, but I think it was because of the install(they tightened the bushing too tight which put too much pressure on the link) If you do go with the superlift I recommend getting the urthane bushings to install with it. Other than the link I have not had a problem with the lift, very smooth ride and makes some of the chevy and ford lifts look like babys(ROB) :idea: I did loose some power with the 37's but I installed the Edge Addituide and got back all the power and then some, and my truck came with the off road package so it has the bigger gear ratio. Good luck and PM me if you have any further questions.
    WYRD

Eliminator 4 Life
    I installed a 6" superlift on my 04 Dodge with the diesel. I am running 37" Toyos on 20" wheels with no offset. Everything tucks up real nice with minimal rubbing (only in a decline with a sharp turn) I like the superlift with exception of the drop links.(looks like they just extended the factory ones instead of fabricating their own.) I had one break at the weld, but I think it was because of the install(they tightened the bushing too tight which put too much pressure on the link) If you do go with the superlift I recommend getting the urthane bushings to install with it. Other than the link I have not had a problem with the lift, very smooth ride and makes some of the chevy and ford lifts look like babys(ROB) :idea: I did loose some power with the 37's but I installed the Edge Addituide and got back all the power and then some, and my truck came with the off road package so it has the bigger gear ratio. Good luck and PM me if you have any further questions.
    WYRD
    You know what they say about guys who lift there trucks FAWKER

LGCDEVIL
    Riverdaddy,
    Got any pics of the truck w/20's. Sounds like a good idea.

PHX ATC
    Your mileage will go to poopoo.
    Who cares, you'll look cool!!

LGCDEVIL
    Mileage already sucks. Truck has 4:something gears and small tires on it now. Sounds like it wants to pitch a rod at 80mph. I'm hoping the bigger tires will help the mileage.....and I will look cool.

WYRD
    Riverdaddy,
    Got any pics of the truck w/20's. Sounds like a good idea.
    Here is one before the lift
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...78HPIM0022.jpg
    Here is one after the lift
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...78HPIM0069.jpg

WYRD
    Mileage already sucks. Truck has 4:something gears and small tires on it now. Sounds like it wants to pitch a rod at 80mph. I'm hoping the bigger tires will help the mileage.....and I will look cool.
    Nope milage will suck.............I figure I went from 18-20 down to 12-14 with the tires but it does look cool :idea:

LGCDEVIL
    Looks good. Are the tires much wider than the fenders? How wide are those wheels? Are the tires 37/12.50/20?
    Mine only gets 12-14 stock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast