Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question

cole13
    What is the difference between a K boat and an SS boat? What does it take $$$$$$, to get into the sport? Where are most of the races held? Do you have to qualify for any type of license to race?
    It looks like a ton of fun, and from what I read other then the sarcasm just a bunch of good guys out having a good time with thier families.
    Thanks in advance!!

*BN*
    9 sizes bigger balls!

cole13
    9 sizes bigger balls!
    Thats it! And an unlimited bank account, right? One I have the other I am working on!

GofastRacer
    What is the difference between a K boat and an SS boat? What does it take $$$$$$, to get into the sport? Where are most of the races held? Do you have to qualify for any type of license to race?
    It looks like a ton of fun, and from what I read other then the sarcasm just a bunch of good guys out having a good time with thier families.
    Thanks in advance!!
    To make it simple, a "K" is blown alky and "SS" is n/a with one carb!.. Most races are with the IHBA!..

cole13
    To make it simple, a "K" is blown alky and "SS" is n/a with one carb!.. Most races are with the IHBA!..
    Are you familiar with the costs of entry into an SS boat. I know that I can not afford to build and Blown Alky motor?

cole13
    anyone??

GofastRacer
    Are you familiar with the costs of entry into an SS boat. I know that I can not afford to build and Blown Alky motor?
    Well now that depends on what you want to do, do you want to win or do you just want to play???. If you just want to go out and have fun and follow the pack you can just put something together according to the rules and go for it, but the old saying still stands "how fast you want to go is how much you want to spend", and if you want to be up there with the top dogs in SS you're going to spend $$$$$$$$$!... With a "K" the blower makes the power, and with the IHBA rules it makes it even easier!.. In fact all I would need to convert my POS 468 to a K motor is change the pistons and head gaskets and I'm good to go, well a cam change would be in order but big deal, the bottom end is up to par!..

WaterBox
    Well now that depends on what you want to do, do you want to win or do you just want to play???. If you just want to go out and have fun and follow the pack you can just put something together according to the rules and go for it, but the old saying still stands "how fast you want to go is how much you want to spend", and if you want to be up there with the top dogs in SS you're going to spend $$$$$$$$$!... With a "K" the blower makes the power, and with the IHBA rules it makes it even easier!.. In fact all I would need to convert my POS 468 to a K motor is change the pistons and head gaskets and I'm good to go, well a cam change would be in order but big deal, the bottom end is up to par!..
    Art..... Does this mean you are considering ?????????????? Going IHBA Racing? :jawdrop:

Wildchild80
    anyone??
    We welcome new guys to our group, I have personally driven both classes of boats. They both have different charecteristics, The SS boats are pure competition in racing the engines are very close as far as HP it goes down to boat set up and driver. We can expect to see any where from 10 to 14 boats at a single event. You can find a used boat and engine and get started for around 10 to 15,000, or you can build a new one 40 to 50,000. The K boats look awsome and the thrill of the acceleration is like nothing you have ever felt. These boats initally cost a little more maintenence is a little higher but there are some good deals on used stuff. Contact me I will be happy to talk with you in detail, help you out if I can
    Dave Rankin

GofastRacer
    Art..... Does this mean you are considering ?????????????? Going IHBA Racing? :jawdrop:
    Well I don't know, the thought has crossed my mind but I doubt I'll do it, just thought it would be cool to bring back the "Hobbit" though!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast