Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Am I the only one

bohica
    No holidays for us, not since the kids became old enough to know what goes on during the big party weekends. About 5 years ago, my daughter was 7 at the time, and the guys next to us were shouting out to the girls "show us your monkey". My daughter looks at me and says, "Where's the monkey". Then my 4 yr old tells me "Dad, all the girls getting the beads are taking their tops off". Wife put her foot down right then and said no more holiday weekends.

Ducatista
    We are going up tomorrow, leaving around 11am. Once we make the Islander we will hole up in there and not hit the lake until Monday...should be safe by then, since most people will be leaving. We then have the rest of the week to enjoy the lake cuz I'm about to start 9 days of vacation there! YEEEHAAA! Be safe...C YA out there.

Essex502
    We never go out to Havasu or Laughlin on Holiday weekends. We stopped years ago due to the idiots, animals and just general overcrowding. We're in Havasu for 3 days every other weekend anyway so why bother with this one.

Debbolas
    I can't stand Havasu during the mid-week (too many people) or weekends, I can't even imagine a holiday weekend there!
    We did go to Lake Mead last Memorial Weekend and we were pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds. The rangers thought it was pretty busy....lol :rollside:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234