Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drive shower

axkiker
    Hey I am pretty new to all this stuff so help a buddy out. How many of you run a drive shower and what benefit do you see from it. Just currious if its worth it
    thanks

mike37
    get one its cheep insurance

HOT ROD HOOLIGAN
    You should probably ask "who is not running a drive shower". :crossx:

BADBLOWN572
    Drive showers are cheap insurance. It sprays water on the head of the outdrive to keep it cool. When drives get hot the drive oil can break down. Also the guts get hot and the heat can stress the mechanics. It is well worth the additional $$$ you pay. Spend $100 up front of $3k on the tail end.

Partycattin
    The drive shower was the first thing I put on my boat when I brought it home. I bought one of Teagues for $125 or so. The drive had indications that it had been running hot. Have not seen anything more develop since I put the shower on.

Jyruiz
    Dana a really nice one, I ordered it but it is back ordered for like 4 weeks. So how easy is it to install. I want to install one before the water in Havi gets any warmer.

Partycattin
    They are a snap to install. Drill a couple holes. Remove a couple bolts, put the shower on, reinstall new bolts. Easy.

Dana Marine Products
    We're in the final stretch. We'll be shipping showers Thurs or Fri of next week. Unlike anything anyone has ever seen. The hose will even be the right length. I'll post in the SPAM section with some nice pics next week.

Jyruiz
    We're in the final stretch. We'll be shipping showers Thurs or Fri of next week. Unlike anything anyone has ever seen. The hose will even be the right length. I'll post in the SPAM section with some nice pics next week.
    That sucks, I was told 4 weeks after I called to confirm my order, so I went and purchased one from another source. At least I was lucky and got the last Jaws anchor and anchor rope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast