Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMPELLER CHOICE

bakerman
    OK I know that american turbine & dominator impeller's both work in the dominator pump but my ques. is on the chart's I have a A.T. impeller (A) with 500hp will turn 5400 rpm and the dominator (A)will turn 5150 rpm does one throw more water then the other! out of the two would one give me a little more? which one is beter? or is it they will run the same at the rpm given??? just want to put the best one in! can anyone shed some light on this subject please thank's Ty

Slick
    Boy are you going to get an earfull on this one.

77charger
    dont know that? only way to tell is testing and speed #s at a given rpm.personally i use a legend b+cut.If they both have the same speed i'd get the one that runs less rpm.

rivercrazy
    I don't know the exact answer to your question but my AT aluminum A impeller turns 4,600-4,800 rpm with a stock 390hp Marine Power 454. My friend with the same motor but with EMI Thunders and an AB Dominator impeller turns it 5,000rpm.
    My bet is they are pretty similar as they were essentially designed by the same dude

bakerman
    thank's for you'r input but i'm still in the same as i was befor! I hope some one out there has some test sheet's or some thing out there!

HBjet
    Originally posted by bakerman:
    OK I know that american turbine & dominator impeller's both work in the dominator pump but my ques. is on the chart's I have a A.T. impeller (A) with 500hp will turn 5400 rpm and the dominator (A)will turn 5150 rpm does one throw more water then the other! out of the two would one give me a little more? which one is beter? or is it they will run the same at the rpm given??? just want to put the best one in! can anyone shed some light on this subject please thank's Ty
    I'm not sure about this, but I would assume the difference in RPM could be due to AT testing there's in an AT pump, and Dom in a Dom pump. Again, I don't know if that would make such a differnece. I'm guessing that you need a new impeller verses having your current one blueprinted. You might want to call Don's Pump Service I know he really likes Dominator, so he may give you the answer your looking for, or you can call Jack at MPD. Both will be able to get you pointed in the right direction. Good Luck.
    Don's Pump (614) 488-1335
    MPD (949) 631-2040
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited March 04, 2002).]

bakerman
    thank's hbjet just got of the phone with jack he helped me out on some degree!

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by bakerman:
    [ just want to put the best one in! can anyone shed some light on this subject please.
    Yes i can..look into an aggressor impeller...period.
    Chet

77charger
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    [ just want to put the best one in! can anyone shed some light on this subject please.
    Chet
    Is That a mag bronze material j/k.Arent the aggressors cut differently from a standard a,b,c cut?if so wouldnt an A cut agressor give you a different rpm from say an A cutlegend?

flat broke
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    Chet
    Looks like Chet's hard at work on his comission check. Shoot if enough people buy in, maybe he can have his boat in the water by OP6CIII or the Classic Boat Beach Bash http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    No donuts to be found here,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast