Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i have a motor again!

LakesOnly
    You had better keep a close eye on the valve lash.
    'Sup, Brotha Blown.
    LO

Blown 472
    'Sup, Brotha Blown.
    LO
    Not much, and you?? not out on tha water??

steelcomp
    can someone point me in the right direction for setting up this carb? i dont remember what jets are in it but it was set up for a stock 460, now i have higher compression bigger cam etc. do i just need to read plugs and swap jets around or is there more too it? its a 750 vac secondary carb. i want a bigger one but it will have to wait.
    If it's a 3310, then stick with stock settings to start. They're fat from the factory, and it oughta be close enough to get going. If you insist on making changes, don't make changes 1 size at a time...you'll waste your time...go at least 2 sizes for any noticable change. If you go more than 6 from stock either way, you've got a problem somewhere else. Post up the carb list no. and I can get you where you need to be AFA jets and power valve. :coffeycup

dave186
    i will take a look at the carb tommorow. i know it was rich with the old set up, it blew black smoke at WOT. i havent put any load on this motor yet, so i dunno whats goin on now but i was thinking since it was rich before i should be at a good starting point now. but lakes has a point, better to be rich, dont want to melt anything down.
    blown, why should i keep an eye on the valve lash? its a hydraulic cam, i didnt think i was supposed to have any? either way, i have checked and adjusted about 4 times now, im getting pretty good at it. the cam i have only has .530 lift. but man, this motor sounds mean as hell.
    PS, lakes i did go with the spirolox, that was a hellavu lot of money for an envelope of round clip things.

Blown 472
    i will take a look at the carb tommorow. i know it was rich with the old set up, it blew black smoke at WOT. i havent put any load on this motor yet, so i dunno whats goin on now but i was thinking since it was rich before i should be at a good starting point now. but lakes has a point, better to be rich, dont want to melt anything down.
    blown, why should i keep an eye on the valve lash? its a hydraulic cam, i didnt think i was supposed to have any? either way, i have checked and adjusted about 4 times now, im getting pretty good at it. the cam i have only has .530 lift. but man, this motor sounds mean as hell.
    PS, lakes i did go with the spirolox, that was a hellavu lot of money for an envelope of round clip things.
    Due to a non proper break in and the lifters now a days, if you have one making noise and you keep adjusting it then the cam is going flat. Keep your ears open.

BigBlockBaja
    Dave, What cam did you put in there?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12