Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the Trigger

XTRM22
    Congrats Taylor!! funny thing is after Patricia noticed April not drinking and you piping up about how Anola was a good name for a kid. She asked me if I thought you guys might be having a baby. I'll never hear the end of this now it's not enough that she figures out whats happening on CSI 15 minutes into the show, she figured out that APril was pregnant a week before you announced it! Now get off your computer and get out here so I can buy you a congratulations beer.
    CHuck

XTRM22
    Congrats on the baby, UJ! Your wife and the father must be very happy...

That was cold....You're my new hero
    CHuck

UnionJack
    April is mostly a non-drinker

INSman
    If you don't mind a "V" guy chimming in, I am in the process of upgrading my 496 MAGS with XR's, up to some Raylar 600's.
    The project should be done in a couple of weeks, but I expect virtually the same turn-key reliability as the stock 496, just with 225 more HP per motor.
    I can certainly keep you informed of how the package is running if you are interested. Congrats on the new F29, beautiful boat !!

Nordicflame
    If you don't mind a "V" guy chimming in, I am in the process of upgrading my 496 MAGS with XR's, up to some Raylar 600's.
    The project should be done in a couple of weeks, but I expect virtually the same turn-key reliability as the stock 496, just with 225 more HP per motor.
    I can certainly keep you informed of how the package is running if you are interested. Congrats on the new F29, beautiful boat !!
    INSman,
    Which kit is the 600 kit?
    I've read on the 550 but can't find the 600.
    Maybe you could email me some info if you wouldn't mind. I'm possibly looking to upgrade my HOs in our Flame.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    DM.Gilbreath@NGC.com

INSman
    INSman,
    Which kit is the 600 kit?
    I've read on the 550 but can't find the 600.
    Maybe you could email me some info if you wouldn't mind. I'm possibly looking to upgrade my HOs in our Flame.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    DM.Gilbreath@NGC.com
    Dave,
    E-mail sent !!

UnionJack
    I want to know... What do you think you boats speed will change from?

INSman
    I want to know... What do you think you boats speed will change from?
    I am in the low 70's now and hoping for the low 90's. This 29' "V" is a bit of a heavy beast, but I can only imagine what it would do for your boat and the price of the kits and install would seem pretty reasonable in comparison to some sort of full swap to other motors. It was supposed to have already been completed in time for this weekend in Mojave, but hit a few delays as almost expected.

UnionJack
    Where is the wall at for the boat, speed wise, and what are they changing to get the HP.... is it headers?

INSman
    Where is the wall at for the boat, speed wise, and what are they changing to get the HP.... is it headers?
    The wall is probably 95 or so...
    Revolution Marine exhaust, more aggressive cam, all forged internals, entire motor balanced, blueprinted and dynoed and maybe some additional tweaks on the ECM programming. Motors are in final assembly now and should be fully dynoed by the end of this week.
    damn, now I need to go get (2) new props !! :devil:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast