Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racial High School Fights..Whats ur thoughts??

DUNDUN
    there seem to be alot of school fights at my school recently, more than usual....for the most part its black vs. hispanic, hispanic vs. hispanic, white vs. white..and bullying is not a huge deal, usually kids that think theyre hard going after other kids that think theyre hard..i havent gotten in a fight..EVER! thats because i am nice to most everyone and most everyone i talk to likes me, plus i have good friends that would help me out if need be. i avoid the kids that i know dislike me...but i dont know of any so yeah...haha. and ive learned to let things go without any shit through MY PARENTS.
    so the parents should take responsibility, its not the schools fault that your ****ing them up at home...the school tries as hard as they can to keep the kids safe through video cameras placed around the school, a full crew of staff that are out before school, passing periods, break, lunch, and afterschool, making sure everything is cool and there is no trouble. but some things are inevitable.

Phat Daddy
    It absolulty starts with the parents. It does'nt matter if it's black, white, mexican, asian, etc. You will always have these racialy motivated fights. We've all seen it growing up and unfortunately so will are kids. I think calling out specific nationalities will not help, every race has its share of low life f#*ks. As a parent I try to teach my kids that all are equal, you give respect , you get respect.

probablecause
    How about the dumb a$$ black girl who said that blacks and mexicans should stick together and if they were to fight anybody it should be the white man. Classic. Man, immagine if I pulled that one!!!!

Scream
    I think the parents need to take a bigger part in this. They are so quick to point the finger. I understand parents can't control everything there kids do, but they need to be more involved and teach there kids right and wrong.
    At some point the kids need to be held accountable. Accountability in America has gone the way of Integrity and honesty. One of the major problems with our left leaning society today is that there is no accountability on the part of kids and thier parents for these types of issues. There have been attempts to make inroads into this parenting issue in the past, remember suing parents to pay for graffitti and tagger cleanup? Well that has helped..a little, but catchin the little bastards turned out to be more difficult than originally believed.
    Now you've got a closed situation where the kids that cause the problem are known and can be had...Let's get them a taste of prison (Scared straight comes to mind) and put thier parents on the hook for the cleanup and security bill. That will go along way to stopping some (not all) of these frequent melees.
    I know that if my son or daughter were ever found to have been the cause of something like this, I'd certainly take care of things in my own way and expect to have to take responsibilty for his/her actions since I am the parent.
    Scream

JUST LOOKING
    It absolulty starts with the parents. It does'nt matter if it's black, white, mexican, asian, etc. You will always have these racialy motivated fights. We've all seen it growing up and unfortunately so will are kids. I think calling out specific nationalities will not help, every race has its share of low life f#*ks. As a parent I try to teach my kids that all are equal, you give respect , you get respect.
    Your so RIGHT it starts in the home from day one.Bad up bring we make a bad kid.

Phat Daddy

Your so RIGHT it starts in the home from day one.Bad up bring we make a bad kid.
    Thats what I've learned growing up. I know the few times I got a little out of line growing up my mama was right there in my face and if that did'nt work at the time, look out... HERE COMES DAD :2purples: !!!!!!

ahhell
    At the risk of sounding racist, my kids have very few white friends, mostly hispanic. All of these kids come from very good families and are all welcome at my home. Just a few miles down the road in adelanto, where I hear alot of L.A. prisoners are paroled, is a high school that looks like a prison. this school has race related fights ALOT, usually black vs. mexican. the Problem is THE PARENTS, the gang mentallity is alive and well with these people, full of Raiders jerseys, red or blue bandanas, yada yada yada.Its probably a futile attempt, but educate the parents first, and hopefully the kids will follow...
    just my .02 after a few coldies... :notam:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123