Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running a Barry Grant Sea Demon

PLACECRAFT20
    I just got a new 750 Sea Demon and wanted to know about jetting. I heard these things ran ritch. I forgot to take my EGT to the lake the other day and it seemed kind of fat. The boat would turn about 5100rpm up to top speed and then loose about 200rpm after a long run. I run number 8# fuel line and a big ass pump.

FHI-prez
    No one will be able to tell you that. Every motor and every carb is a little different. Get an assortment of jets and work your way from rich to a tad lean then back. It's much better to run a motor rich than lean. My bets advice is to find where it has the most hp and runs the hardest, then richen it up a bit from there. Then keep a close eye on your plugs to see how she's running. Knowing how to read a spark plug correctly is EVERYTHING to setting this up and not hurting an engine in the process. Then when you think you got it, replace the plugs with new and see how they burn in. Good luck!
    Nick

PLACECRAFT20
    I did that with my holley 850dp. I aslo have a EGT i just wanted a quick reference if these carbs came pretty close or not. I forgot my EGT last time out and the plugs are really not colored very well yet.

Taylorman
    The brown truck just brought me an 850 Mighty Demon. I think im going to ditch the tunnel ram and edelbrocks, get a single plane intake and try a real carb. Hey pc20, i see you got an ebay Demon also
    Kevin

oldbuck40
    The brown truck just brought me an 850 Mighty Demon. I think im going to ditch the tunnel ram and edelbrocks, get a single plane intake and try a real carb. Hey pc20, i see you got an ebay Demon also
    Kevinhey kevin if you need any info on the demon i have the spec sheet for damn near all of them! i think you will really like the demon carb i was very happy with mine coming right out of the box and fired right off,,had to do very little adjusting on it...

Hollis
    Finally someone with the same question I have...I just put the BG 750 on my460 and am looking for the proper jetting.
    OldBuck40 I'll take a spec sheet! Troyhrobinson@Hotmail.com

hollis, thats a pretty familliar looking boat in your avi, did someone sell their boat to you???
    Todd

Hollis
    To tell you the truth I don't know how I ended up with that Avi, I just don't know how to change it

oldbuck40
    Finally someone with the same question I have...I just put the BG 750 on my460 and am looking for the proper jetting.
    OldBuck40 I'll take a spec sheet! Troyhrobinson@Hotmail.com750 jet size,,,front 76 rear 83,this should get you close enough for a starting point....

Hollis
    Great, Thankyou....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast