Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dominator

bakerman
    if any of you are runing dominator pumps and had the same problem as i "did" where the steering cable hooks to the placediverter useing spacers,washers or some type of micky job i have prefabricated something to go there all stainless steel have pant. pending works awsome!!! thanks

Unchained
    Bakerman, I had the same problem. I used a piece of stainless tubing 5/8" id and 3/4 od and put a bend in it to match the drop that I needed. I drilled a hole in each end to connect to the steering rod and the place diverter. I still have the unit that Place sent with it. I didn't like it either.
    http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/jetpump.jpg
    Has anyone else mounted a water pressure bypass right to the pump like I did in the pic? It worked great and didn't require any additional plumbing.

bakerman
    that will work to! yours is a differnt set up then mine

iggdog
    What does the pressure bypass do? It reminds me of a prv on the top of a water heater.

Unchained
    Iggdog, It bypasses the water pressure so that the engine never sees more than 12 lbs. or what ever you adjust it to.
    Helps the engine to heat up more and keeps head gaskets from leaking. The valve is typically closed at idle and opens/bypasses as the engine speed increases and the water pressure increases. Doesn't restrict the flow at all, just bypasses the excess pressure.

Customlinkage
    Originally posted by bakerman:
    that will work to! yours is a differnt set up then mine
    brakeman,
    how do you post photos?
    willis

Slick
    Are those suds or snow coming form under the doorway?

Unchained

TaylorLP20
    Unchained,
    Can you give me some info on that valve? Looks like something I can get from Grainger.
    Mfr part #s would be great! Thanks for your help.
    SNOW SUCKS! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/mad.gif
    [This message has been edited by TaylorLP20 (edited January 02, 2002).]

Unchained
    TaylorLP20, I bought the valve from John Cost of ARS Marine. He's the guy who writes the jet tech column in Drag Boat Review. He just moved to Lake Havasu so I don't have a recent phone no. You probably could reach him by faxing a message to Drag Boat review at 918-689-3422 or call information. The valve looks like some kind of off the shelf industrial unit but I don't know where it came from. It was only about $ 65

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast