Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subs????

BLOWN HOWARD
    I have a sealed sub enclosure built into the rear seat base of the boat. Getting ready to replace the old subs and want to know what would be the best route. The sealed box is approx a little over 2 cubic feet. Dont want the most expensive but something that is going to sound pretty good for the money. Currently running some Kicker Comp VR's.

SoCalKev
    I have a sealed sub enclosure built into the rear seat base of the boat. Getting ready to replace the old subs and want to know what would be the best route. The sealed box is approx a little over 2 cubic feet. Dont want the most expensive but something that is going to sound pretty good for the money. Currently running some Kicker Comp VR's.
    Personal IMO would select some nice JL w3's or w6's I am assuming you already have twelves.

ROZ
    How many subs are in that 2ft^3 enclosure?

schme2
    Keep using Comp VR's if they are 10s go up to 12's since you have 2ft3

BLOWN HOWARD
    How many subs are in that 2ft^3 enclosure?
    I am currently running two.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Keep using Comp VR's if they are 10s go up to 12's since you have 2ft3
    They are 12's now. Cant beat some of the prices for the VR"S from what i have seen.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Just curious who has the best prices on some subs, Either the JL or the Kicker???

BLOWN HOWARD
    Somebody has to have some info for me??????

BOBALOO
    I just went thru this with my subs. I have a different problem than you though, I an running twice the rated power to 2 12" Comp VRs and keep smoking the voice coils.
    I really like the VRs in my boat and truck and for two shipped on ebay it is under 200$ I am running a ported box in the cuddy cabin with 1.75 cu ft per side and have been told that my bass can hang with alot of the good systems out there. My mids and highs are a little weak though. (Kappas & Alpine)
    The truck has one VR 12 in a 1.75 cu ft ported box being pushed by a PPI 600w amp and kills my friends setup that has 2 10" Eclipse speakers.
    What are you trying to accomplish? More bass or cleaner sound?

Havasu Hangin'
    If you are limiting your sub selection because of your airspace, you can always fool the sub into thinking the box is smaller than it actually is...just screw some 2X4 pieces inside the box to take some of the airspace out.
    Can't make a box bigger, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast