Thread: '05 Suburban Audio Questions

raginjo
    I just got my new rig and I am looking to upgrade the factory sytem(if you can call it that) . Anyways my two biggest questions are does anyone make a decent vehicle specific sub enclosure that goes some where other than in the center console ( I got tripple benches so that is out), and is it true that if I replace the head unit I with something aftermarket the OnStar will not work properly? I am not looking to blow out my windows with a cargo area full of 15's but I really am tired of the crap that comes out of what is in there now.

ROZ
    You can get onstar adaptors and you can have a shop build an enclosure to fit in/along the rear panel for about the same money as one of the prefab stealth boxes...

raginjo
    Ok so now I need recommendations. Who has done what in their Suburban's? I am looking to do a complete system from the head unit back. I would like something that sounds cleand and has nice tight bass.

riverbound
    I would highly recommend Al&Eds Autosound in Ontario. Talk to Darren, he is the service manager. They do a ton of those and are able to fit up to a 12" sub in that rear panel. The number there is (909)481-8411. Make sure to let them know you are from ***boat and they will give you a discount. I used to have pics but the image center ate them.

cmikeplay
    jL audio makes a sub that goes in center. , but what you want is the subs thats go under the rear seats, you can put 2 12s I sell them let me know what you like I can also ship it

BLOWN HOWARD
    How much for an enclosure that goes behind the seat of a c/c chevy 2500hd 2004

riverbound
    They start at $59 for pre-fab. (909)481-8411

sigepmock
    Al&Ed's made me a custom fiberglass box in my 03 CC. Two JL 10's and it sounded killer. I thinkit was about $700 total for the subs, the box and a ton dynomat to control the rattles. I did the prefab boxes and even built one myself before but the look and sound quality of this box blew everything else away. Best money I ever spent.
    Here's a few pic's:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...P_0542-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...P_0543-med.JPG
    Chris

riverbound
    Chris,
    did you remove the system out of your old truck??

sigepmock
    Chris,
    did you remove the system out of your old truck??
    No I let it go with the truck...... I'm gonna have to go see Dave again....this time I think we'll go with 12's :wink:
    Chris