Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldsmobile Tunnel Ram

Bitz

Bitz
    Here is another link to an Olds tunnel Ram project http://www.concentric.net/~Jjlee/boa...CarbProj.shtml

AMCWNOS1
    hi i have an olds 455 in my jet boat also . i have a performer intake with 850 holley. i am turning up 5400 rpm,s . You can get alot of parts from C P Perforamce . in california. there # is 1-800-225-9871
    [This message has been edited by AMCWNOS1 (edited August 08, 2001).]

Burntaco
    5400 rpm? wow! My jet is bone stock so I know that it needs work and the correct impeller but i cant get ahold of my engine builder to tell me what cam is in the motor. Any ideas about what I can do to get the pump set up correctly without this information?

rmclague
    Taco:
    Go with an "a" impellor.
    For our purposes and the rpms you will produce,almost regardless of camm it will
    be what you need.
    Unless you have some huge cam
    And you would know if you did because it would bareley idle and you would have a small fourtune in rocker arms.
    probablly have about .460-.490 lift
    thats all you can do without using the adjustable valve train.
    With this size cam the "a" is recomended.
    this also depends on the size/weight of your bout but I,ll bet its 18-20 feet most jets are in this range and the weight is all comparable.
    This is what I,ve been told for years
    " If your not racing use the A impellor"
    Originally posted by Burntaco:
    5400 rpm? wow! My jet is bone stock so I know that it needs work and the correct impeller but i cant get ahold of my engine builder to tell me what cam is in the motor. Any ideas about what I can do to get the pump set up correctly without this information?

Burntaco
    Ok so I need an "A" impeller. This probalby a rookie-type question, but what am I looking at to have someone put that in my pump and do whatever is necessary to bring it up to par (its 30 years old and never been touched). thanks for all the help

77Spectra
    Taco, look at the model # on the pump. If there is a -A in it, which I bet there is, then you have an A. A pump that old with alot of hours should be gone through and you may be able to use the old impeller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12