Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever Bowled?

roln 20s
    If so, what is your best score? Do you do better or worse with a few choice beverages?
    I went tonight for Extreme/Cosmic bowling--game two was a new best of 212. I will scan in the scoresheet soon Anyone ever get a "300"?
    I forgot how much fun it is to go bowling...definately need to do it more often.
    Roln 20s

JetBoatRich
    Back in the day I bowled in a few leagues with my best score of 249 and a 660 series. Been years since we have gone, but still a good place to enjoy a beer

Sleek-Jet
    I used to go several times a week. Growing up is small town, the bowling alley was always open on Saturday and there usually wasn't a whole lot going on. Started bowling youth leagues when I was about 10 and stopped bowling leagues when I was in my 20's.
    I never had a really high average though. The best I bowled was a 260 something on a single game during a league. Missed a perfect game while screwing around one Saturday afternoon by a spare in the third frame... :mix:

ahhell
    I used to bowl at the Chino Bowl, corner of central and riverside dr....all 12 lanes, had a 160 avg at 12 y/o. best game was a 248, unfortunarely i did that while establishing my avg. as a replacement player :hammerhea
    any of you Chino people know if Chino bowl is still there???

Essexive G's
    298 and 189 avg. Used to bowl leagues and Fri. night pot games @
    Wonderbowl in Downey. Last I heard it was an indoor swap meet. My brother
    has 4 300 games under his belt. He was into bowling. My thing was golf.

Craig
    A couple of us used to bowl all the time. We weren't half bad. To quote Gallager, "Bowling is an excuse to get drunk, and drunk is an excuse for my bowling" Never got a 300 though, did get a 289. Tossed strikes in the first 9 frames. 10th frame a freakin' 9 on the first ball Picked up the spare and then struck out. Carried a high 180 or low 190 average.
    I think we need a bowling night one Saturday night!
    Craig

Cas
    I used to bowl 3 leagues a week and tournaments on weekends way back when. Most of the bowling alleys have closed down around here over the years so I guess it's not too popular in NorCal much anymore.
    My highest league average was 212, high game was 298 (choke award), highest 3 game series was 837 which included 18 strikes in a row without a 300 game.
    I took it pretty seriously, made quite a few dollars and had a whole lot of fun. I didn't really do the alcohol thing much while bowling just because there was usually money on the line. It wasn't unusual to have a Saturday night pot game get up to $500....10 guys, 2 lanes, $50.00 each, winner take all.
    And then there was "High Rollers" in Vegas and Reno, $1000.00 entry fee, $250,000.00 prize fund, double elimination....I wonder if it's still being held every year?

Essexive G's
    [QUOTE=Cas] I didn't really do the alcohol thing much while bowling just because there was usually money on the line. It wasn't unusual to have a Saturday night pot game get up to $500....10 guys, 2 lanes, $50.00 each, winner take all.
    QUOTE]
    Our pot games were $20 a game usually 6 to 8 games. Avg. 20 to 30 guys.
    We would do it across 10 lanes. One frame per lane so you couldn't establish your shot cause the oil was always moving.
    The coolest part about the whole thing is that it was after hours after all the leaguers left.
    Oh, yeah, didn't do the alcohol thing either. Too much money at stake.
    Good times though !

Cas
    [QUOTE=Cas] I didn't really do the alcohol thing much while bowling just because there was usually money on the line. It wasn't unusual to have a Saturday night pot game get up to $500....10 guys, 2 lanes, $50.00 each, winner take all.
    QUOTE]
    Our pot games were $20 a game usually 6 to 8 games. Avg. 20 to 30 guys.
    We would do it across 10 lanes. One frame per lane so you couldn't establish your shot cause the oil was always moving.
    The coolest part about the whole thing is that it was after hours after all the leaguers left.
    Oh, yeah, didn't do the alcohol thing either. Too much money at stake.
    Good times though !
    ditto, we did those also but the higher dollar games seemed to be on 2 lanes, usually got 39/40, right next to the wall. They were the toughest lanes in the house as they got the least amount of use, most of the time there was still a lot of oil on them.
    And yep, we did it after hours also, lots of fun.....the good ole days
    remember the "Hammer" and "Nail", they were the sh*t when I was bowling...still have a couple of them. What was the other one....oh yea, the "Bleeder", better known as the yellow dot (I think)

Essexive G's
    I've got 2 hammers, 1 nail, 1 cobalt rhino. and 2 columbia 300 " yellow dots"
    My best friend at the time had the pro shop. Got all the stuff at cost.
    Do you remember schlagle (sp) grips. That was the shit when those came out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast