Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HBjet`s Top Speed

cal***boat
    A heavy lake boat that seats 4 people that runs 80.4mph on gps is a really good boat that no one should talk down. Sure there are alot of other boats out there that will run faster but you know as well as i do that they have a ton of money tied up in them to do it.
    Now my question is if RR1 has such a bad ass boat why dont he bring it out here to california and run against some of your 80mph boats ??????
    I checked out his homepage and saw his boat and it is a really clean looking setup, but why would you build a jet hydro as a drag boat ???? The jet hydros dont really lift and they run flat dragging the sponsons which tells me that there is to much boat in the water and the keel is flat in front of the intake which does not help load the pump.The jet hydros are a nice boat but you are limited on making them go fast.
    This is just my opinion on the above subject and i will put up my California Performance Competition Tunnel against RR1 anytime.

RR1/ 001
    This is just to funny ...lol....
    1st of all Duane from HI-Tech put my boat on the scale today
    2800lbs with the trailer and the trailer is 800lbs so the boat must be about 2000lbs.
    It`s not a God Damn Drag Boat , it`s a fast ass lake boat that I like to race. OK, do we have it this time????? LAKE BOAT!!!!!!!!
    "California Performance Competition Tunnel against RR1 anytime."
    Oh Shit it`s HBjet Jr.

RR1/ 001
    P.S. I`ll be in Texas this weekend?
    [ August 13, 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: RR1/ 001 ]

HBjet
    RR1/ 001:
    so the boat must be about 2000lbs.So how much do you think your hull alone weighs?
    RR1/ 001:
    "California Performance Competition Tunnel against RR1 anytime."You really don't know shit do you!

565edge
    Do you have any pics of this happening,80.6,just so happens its .1 faster than your arch rival chet?maybe your gps was off,how do you have a hard time beleiving a 19' edge stealth with papps bottom and a 15:1 565" chevy going 100mph,but your 450 hp pep boy motor in your p.o.s. going 80!explain that!cal hot boat,i do like your boat!want to sell lenco and jetaway?how long is your lenco?I never said 3 seconds either hbjet!I will gaurantee alot more mph when i break motor in and hold it down!

Kim Hanson
    you got that right..........HBJET...
    [ August 13, 2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

HBjet
    565edge:
    Do you have any pics of this happening,80.6,just so happens its .1 faster than your arch rival chet?To tell you the truth, I was pretty shocked at the GPS reading being .1 faster then Chet. As for a photo, no, our digital camera batteries were dead, and the only batteries we had were in the GPS. If you don't believe me, that is fine, I'm not going to get into a hiss fit about it. I know what it did, and others do to, and that is all that matters. I will never post a number I can't back up, time and time again!
    565edge:
    How do you have a hard time beleiving a 19' edge stealth with papps bottom and a 15:1 565" chevy going 100mphI don't, and I never did. I just have a hard time believeing that you went from 35mph to 100mph in 3 seconds.
    565edge:
    450 hp pep boy motor in your p.o.s. going 80!explain that!First off, where do you get Pep Boy motor? Second, why is my boat a POS, it can carry 4 people, has new interior, was built by one of the best builders of it's time, Eliminator, the bottom of the hull was designed with the help from one of the best pump builders "Jack M." and the best bottom guy "Jeff Bennett" also, my gelcoat looks a hell of a lot better then those aqua checkers.
    So I ask you again, what basis do you have to determine my boat to be a POS? I'd like to know this.
    HBjet

WETDAWG
    HB JET
    You are my idol! My old barge will barley push 60 (sic sic sic) I only hope the new mini barge (wet Puppies) can do better.
    Hey seriously! I am yanking the motor on Saturday should i Go for NOS or not 455 BBC basically stock up for a mild rebuild in a 18' Manta ray
    watcha think?

WETDAWG
    Boy 3 beers and I suck at typing it's a 454 BBC and a 19' Manta ray
    opps Mrs WD is on the radio
    I love the garage computer

cal***boat
    Sorry, Its the whole package for sale 565edge, i will sell the boat complete turnkey for $12k and this boat has ran 108mph @ 10.002 et on IHBA clocks at Red Bluff which is NO BULLSHIT.
    I guess this fued between HBjet & RR1 is a ongoing thing and i`am sorry i posted a reply, i did not know that there was that much bad blood between them.
    I have to say that RR1 is just like me in that he loves to race and race to win. I have ran drag boats for over 20 years and it will always be in my blood to the day i die. As far as your Edge and my Calif Perf tunnel these boats are in a class by them self and designed for drag racing and thats why i have one.
    RR1 i did not mean to say anything against you which i feel i did not. My only question was why use a jet hydro as a drag boat when you can go alot faster and quicker with a tunnel. But now i know what you are doing with the boat and that is great. I guess i should have read all the other posts between you guys first.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast