Thread: World 600...

Goooooo Kasey Gooooo
    fastrat

Hal
    Damn this is a long race. :shift:

Hal
    great race

Flyinbowtie
    NASCAR needs to take a long look at the aero package they have these guys running on these tracks that are wore out and are running speeds upwards of 190 MPH. I know that repaving a track is a big $ deal, and you can pretty much throw your chassis package notebook away, but come on, did you guys see some of the chunks that were coming off of that surface?
    Shortening the spoiler and tracks with no grip is a recipe for disaster when you have a bunch of young drivers out trying to make names for themselves, please the boss, keep the ride, and trying to win a 400 + mile race in the first 5 laps.
    These guys are under so much pressure to get TV time for the (sponsors)cars and win, and get into the chase, that they are clearly running right on the ragged edge. If Helton and Co. want to slow them down, then they need to find a way to do it mechanically, but don't take the downforce away from the cars. Watching drivers spin unaided in clean air tonight is a pretty strong demonstration of how horsed up things are out there right now. I just don't think that the owners or drivers have enough juice with NASCAR to get the rules package brought into some kind of workable arrangement. NASCAR is becoming the Titanic of auto racing, and turning the ship usually requires somebody dying.
    The arguement that they want the cars to look like the "ones you can buy on Monday" is absolutely laughable, anybody who takes an interest in NASCAR knows that those cars on the track have nothing in common with the production models beyond the name.
    just my opinion...

Hal
    Your right Flyinbowtie, I should have said great finish with what was left of the field.

NASCAR needs to take a long look at the aero package they have these guys running on these tracks that are wore out and are running speeds upwards of 190 MPH. I know that repaving a track is a big $ deal, and you can pretty much throw your chassis package notebook away, but come on, did you guys see some of the chunks that were coming off of that surface?
    Shortening the spoiler and tracks with no grip is a recipe for disaster when you have a bunch of young drivers out trying to make names for themselves, please the boss, keep the ride, and trying to win a 400 + mile race in the first 5 laps.
    These guys are under so much pressure to get TV time for the (sponsors)cars and win, and get into the chase, that they are clearly running right on the ragged edge. If Helton and Co. want to slow them down, then they need to find a way to do it mechanically, but don't take the downforce away from the cars. Watching drivers spin unaided in clean air tonight is a pretty strong demonstration of how horsed up things are out there right now. I just don't think that the owners or drivers have enough juice with NASCAR to get the rules package brought into some kind of workable arrangement. NASCAR is becoming the Titanic of auto racing, and turning the ship usually requires somebody dying.
    The arguement that they want the cars to look like the "ones you can buy on Monday" is absolutely laughable, anybody who takes an interest in NASCAR knows that those cars on the track have nothing in common with the production models beyond the name.
    just my opinion...
    AMEN bro...they really need to clean up there act...22 cautions...come on...be real...there were far less accidents years ago when they didnt have all the stupid rules...bring back the good ole times
    fastrat

burtandnancy
    Don't you think NASCAR ought to talk to jr pretty soon? What an idiot!!!

NashvilleBound
    I thought it was a pretty good race. Not you typical stuff. Course that many cautions usually only happens at Bristol. After fighting all the crowds at all the tracks over the last few years I am now an official arm chair race fan. I really wanted to see that young Bushe (?) kid win... #5. But his motor couldnt take it. I thought even the finish was good and close....
    Who was the guy taken to the hospitol....I think it was for observation...anyone heard if hes alright?

Flyinbowtie
    NB;
    It was Terry LaBonte, and he was released from the hopsital before the race was over.
    I think Jr. getting in to Waltrip is just more proof how loose the back end of these cars are at speed. It really does not take much to take the air off the back of a car and bring it around. There was contact, but that kind of contact at other facilites would have been called bump drafting. At Charlotte, it just spun everybody out.
    Personally, I trhink that NASCAR needs to have a sit-down class with Vickers, Edwards and about 8 or so other of the freshman thru JV class, and 'splain to them how the game is to be played. If they don't, as DJ put it after the race, the seniors will "calm them down".
    Maybe that is exactly what needs to happen...

NashvilleBound
    I agree...its getting pretty agressive out there.