I finalized my travel plans to Santorini Greece and I wanted to pass on what IÂ’ve learned. First I went to a travel agent to get their spin on the air-fare. Seems they forgot to point out that Olympic Airlines flyÂ’s there with only one stop as opposed to the others with two stops! Also, the other airlines have to transfer to Olympic for the flight to and from Athens and Santorini. I guess they donÂ’t get as much $$ by dealing with Olympic? Oh yea, if you book with them a few months ahead you can get a good price, call and they may even go lower on the price.
As far as a Hotel I didn’t really ask them, I looked on the net. I learned that some, or most of the larger hotels sell, rent a large # of their units to travel agents. Seems that way they are guaranteed near or full booking for their units. I found out from their own web-sites though that they keep their better, “Sea View” units for their own bookings. They also sell them at a 10-20% discount. Here’s what we booked for Sept. http://www.travel-to-santorini.com/...mari/boathouse/ it’s Sea View and only about $72 a day with a buffet breakfast. Now if I can only find a high speed Power Boat tour for the Island!