Thread: Dual Quad advice

skeepwerkzaz
    Hi there,
    I am new to this site, and am really happy to see people so excited about jet boats. Jet Boats Rule. That being said, I am building my first "Hot Rod" boat. It is a 1980 Nordic with a 468 and a Berkley Jet.
    The motor has chevy aluminum heads, a solid lifter .630 lift 269 duration @.050 cam, A Weiand Hi ram w/ dual 660 center squirters. This is where the question is. Where do I start with when jetting these carbs? I have never worked with these carbs, and have heard they are set up differently.
    Any help, or contacts for info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Clay

jroos
    i`D SAY IF MONEY PERMITTS GO TO A SPEED SHOP THAT HAS A DYNO AND PAY THEM TO FIGURE IT OUT. It will save you a lot of time.

JET468
    I just built a simillar setup for my boat with edelbrock carbs, having past headaches trying to match such a setup on my street car, I didn't even mess with the boat carbs, I sent them to C&J Engineering in Whittier CA. (562)946-1388 - with all the info on your motor, impeller, boat size, etc - they will be able to get everything dialed in for a turn key screamer - if CA is farther away than you want to deal with, there must be some carb shop the does high performance setups near you - but for the most part 99% of the tweaking can be done by an expert without you having to take them the whole boat - good luck...

okeliminator
    Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz:
    Hi there,
    I am new to this site, and am really happy to see people so excited about jet boats. Jet Boats Rule. That being said, I am building my first "Hot Rod" boat. It is a 1980 Nordic with a 468 and a Berkley Jet.
    The motor has chevy aluminum heads, a solid lifter .630 lift 269 duration @.050 cam, A Weiand Hi ram w/ dual 660 center squirters. This is where the question is. Where do I start with when jetting these carbs? I have never worked with these carbs, and have heard they are set up differently.
    Any help, or contacts for info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Clay
    Try http://www.mortec.com/carbtip1.htm They have some help topics about most Holley carbs. The list# should be 4224 stock jets were (F)76, (R)plate 134-12 factory jets are (sea level)I think for every 2000FT above drop 1 size. check it out good info.