Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running the Jet on the Garden hose?

Mighty Thor
    Is it possible? If so, what are the procedures? I could figure out how to run the Engine on the hose but can't figure out how the water would get to the Jet. On my setup you can't pull the driveline so that is not an option. So far I have been taking down to the river, but it is starting to get crowded at the dock and now we got the city collecting a launch fee every time so I get frowns when I just sit there and tune the motor.

HammerDown
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...made-thumb.jpg There's alot of feedback yes/no about this topic...with that I'll just say I've always started/tuned the engine on the hose (just for a few moments). I run pretty tight impeller clearance in a pump with good bowl bushings and NEVER had any issues doing so.
    (going to get popcorn for this one)

V-MAX4 POWER
    I was told that someone makes a boot to go over the loader intake. I was told by a pump & engine builder not to run on the trailer with just a hose hooked up to a line. I don't know about yours but my motor does not have a water pump to circulate the water. Iam definitely fing a boot or making one so water goes through everything. Randy

Squirtin Thunder
    This is just my thoughts !!! Not an aproved way of doing it.
    A garden sprinkler on the ground under the intake and custom t set up for engine and pump, with 75% of that water going to the pump. The 25% water should be enough to trickle out of the exit. To do this you would need a Y a T and some ball valves to control the water.
    I have not tried this so I have no idea if it will work !!!

sidewound
    The impeller is a dynamically balanced rotating assembly. It needs the load of the water to balance itself. Don't think you could get that kind of volume through a garden hose. Maybe a fire hose. I take mine to the ramp on a slow weekday to tune. Many here say they have no problem running on the hose but I won't. I have the plastic wear ring and I fear a "meltdown".
    Just my .02
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

berk
    i just unbolt the h-bar and use chevy wire to keep the driveline out of the flex plates way while i tune. run a garden hose into the fitting on the transom where the water would normally come out the pump to feed the motor. takes a few minutes but less than building a pump.

xs ultra
    The way I do it is one hose feeds the motor with a tee fitting ,then a 2nd hose is used and placed in to the jet intake, running the water hard enough to run out the jet nozzel. Been doing this for a long time.This works for me.

The way I do it is one hose feeds the motor with a tee fitting ,then a 2nd hose is used and placed in to the jet intake, running the water hard enough to run out the jet nozzel. Been doing this for a long time.This works for me.
    on the backside (inside the boat) of the pump is a cover (i think its an inspection cover)...could u run a hose into that & 1 to the mtr?
    fastrat

On my boat, the water inlet from the pump goes to a t-fitting with two ball valves- the top one feeds water from a garden hose into the system, the second one controls the amount of water fed from the pump to the engine. I hook up a hose open the front one all the way, and crack the other one open till I have water coming out the nozzle, so the inside of the jet is being fed at the same time- Just my two cents, but it works for me!

Wicked Performance Boats
    What the hell is chevy wire??????????? Budlight

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast