Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to all the non-boaters in the channel this weekend......

Kilrtoy
    That is unreal.....
    I wish i could say that was a RTJ photochop

Wicky
    Get your buddy with a video camera and have him tape you when you ask the asshole punk to pick up his beer can and turn it in to the cops. Let them know that boaters like these places and wont tolerate this type of behavior. It is up to us to police ourselves. I know that most that are doing wrong are told to do right then they wont want to be around anymore. We as a community need to stand up and say something. Just like when someones kid got beat up at the sandbar everyone was ready to kill. Why dont we use that energy to clean up the areas that we like. I know if you come to my favorite beach at Mead and act like an idiot, I am gonna make you leave. It is time to take back what is yours and show that you can take care of it
    Thank you for the best idea yet!! Ironically enough, here in Boise the city council made it illegal to drink on the shores of the Boise River where over 200,000 est. people float down in the summer. As a direct reaction, beer cans were so thick on the shoreline it was sad. If alcohol wasn't banned on the shoreline most people would hold on to those beer cans and not chuck em. Now, the authorities are banning alcohol altogether. Zero tolerance because of all the beer cans from last year. I betcha the trash on the side of the river doubles now that nobody wants to get caught with their beer.
    Up to a couple of years ago, it was legal to drink beer while driving on the interstate in Idaho as long as you weren't past the .08% There was very little trash on the sides of the road here in Idaho. Now that it is illegal, there are beer cans all over the sides of the road. Hmmmmm lets see here. Throw the beer cans out the window with very little risk or, risk the ticket of an open container or DUI with an empty beer can in your vehicle.
    I don't think people toss beer cans to just toss beer cans. I think they toss them because they don't wan't to get into trouble. The cans being the "smoking gun" so to speak.
    Why in the hell shouldn't a passenger be allowed to drink a beer in a car anyway???
    Too many f.ucking laws and too many fuc.king idiots making them,
    Wicky

bigq
    UnF***ing believable!!!!!!!!!!!! You know when I was growing up people laugh at the crying Indian, but it made an inpression on me. I see this everywhere i go nowadays. People throwing trash out the car windows, bags of food, cans, straw wrappers. The generation now has a total lack of respect for the land and we need to start enforcing the litter laws and start a campaign again that vigorously enforces the laws. The sad part is sometimes i don't say anything in fear of someone shooting me for saying something. It's pictures like this that just piss me off to no end. :burningm: :burningm: All I know is if these were my kids they would be in a load of crap. :burningm: :burningm:

WaTchTheGelCoat
    I drove through the Channel on Saturday morning at 7:30 am, and that shit was already starting. Forward those pics to the city counsil, and let the know what the real problem is.

TCHB
    The pictures tell all!!
    Memorial Day Weekend update
    LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Memorial Day weekenders maintain a cool head.
    As of Sunday afternoon Memorial Day Weekend had been a rather calm one. Lake Havasu City Police Department spokesperson Lt. Richie Sloma spent his weekend patrolling the channel. Sloma stated that as of Sunday afternoon approximatly105 arrests had been made, and that most of those were due to underage consumption.

Wicky
    A little story that happened to me a few years ago regarding trash.
    I was driving down the road behind a car where the driver was throwing her trash out the window. Ironically enough, she pulls into the Albertsons that I was going to.
    She gets out of the car. I tell her to go back and pick up the trash that she had just thrown out of her window. She tells me to f.uck off.
    I tell her I have her license plate # and I will report her.
    Next thing, her boyfriend jumps out of the car, gets in my face as I'm still sitting in my truck. I told him to step back as I had my finger on the 1 after dialing 91 on my cell phone. He steps back, and then over his shoulder, his girlfriend hurls a porcelin dinner plate at me. I raise my arm to block the plate from hitting my face. It cuts my arm wide open. The "1" is pushed on my cell phone.
    Cops show up. TV news shows up. Cops haul the white trash woman away!!!! I go to the ER, and recieve 20 some odd stitches in my arm.
    The PA asks what I want for restitution, and I reply, "I want the bitch to be cleaning up the freeway for 6 months straight community service." The PA
    obliged. The bitch didn't show. She was hauled off and spent XMAS weekend in jail and then picked up trash for 6 months.
    Moral to the story, some people will always be "white trash" no matter what the law.
    Wicky

bigq
    This is where I sent my e-mail:
    mayor@ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us
    Fall on deaf ears?

Wicky
    UnF***ing believable!!!!!!!!!!!! You know when I was growing up people laugh at the crying Indian, but it made an inpression on me. I see this everywhere i go nowadays. People throwing trash out the car windows, bags of food, cans, straw wrappers. The generation now has a total lack of respect for the land and we need to start enforcing the litter laws and start a campaign again that vigorously enforces the laws. The sad part is sometimes i don't say anything in fear of someone shooting me for saying something. It's pictures like this that just piss me off to no end. :burningm: :burningm: All I know is if these were my kids they would be in a load of crap. :burningm: :burningm:
    What was that Indians name? Was it iron eyes cody?

bigq
    What was that Indians name? Was it iron eyes cody?
    yes passed away a couple years ago i believe. great story btw.

Wicky
    The funny thing about this post is the trash on the bank of the channel.
    Think about all the trash at the bottom of the lake!!!! Or even more so, all the trash dumped offshore into international waters. Did you know it is legal to dump in international waters?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast