Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpet vs fiberglass floor?

Teabagger
    Noticing some boats mpw come with non slip fiberglass cockpit floors instead or carpet. I think it's obvious non slip fiberglass would be easier to keep clean, how does carpet hold up over the years and it hard to keep clean?
    Does anyone with carpet wish they had gone with a model that had fiberglass floors instead, or maybe even snap in removable carpet?

mike37
    I have kids we have fiberglass floor with snap in carpet
    the carpet is nicer on the feet

H20Advantage
    I have a fiberglass floor, which I like for easy cleanup. I do think I will add some snap in carpet though because the dogs scratch the floor and the carpet can be taken out and sprayed off.

LHC30Victory
    That "Non-Slip" fiberglass floor is very slippery when wet :idea:
    Carpet is nice but hard to clean unless it snaps in and out but we don't like the look of snaps. I guess ya can't have everything :sleeping:

H20Advantage
    Some of the carpet is heavy enough to lay down without snaps from what I have seen. Especially the stuff with the rubber backing.

Havasu Hangin'
    Some of the carpet is heavy enough to lay down without snaps from what I have seen. Especially the stuff with the rubber backing.
    Some newer boats (with a lining) come with that "drop-in" carpet (no snaps needed). Custom Canvas can make em for around $350.

Chase
    I have a Fiberglass Floor...c/w snap in carpet...can't think of anything better...to cover the floor of the boat..

RiverOtter
    Noticing some boats mpw come with non slip fiberglass cockpit floors instead or carpet. I think it's obvious non slip fiberglass would be easier to keep clean, how does carpet hold up over the years and it hard to keep clean?
    Does anyone with carpet wish they had gone with a model that had fiberglass floors instead, or maybe even snap in removable carpet?
    After having a molded cockpit I'll never go back to carpet again. Carpet is hard to clean and smells bad after it gets wet.

Jbb
    Carpet, no carpet, ...mohawk.....er...never mind...wrong thread....

Throttle
    yep, get the inner liner and get the snap in carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast