Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedges...

SHIFTY
    GONNA INSTALL SOME WEDGES TOMORROW. I HAVE THE STUD KIT, GONNA PICK UP SOME ANTI-SEIZE, AND WHATEVER ELSE I MIGHT NEED. I HAVE A TURNBUCKLE TYPE SET-UP, AND I'm NOT SURE IF IT WILL ADJUST FAR ENOUGH OUT TO PUT THE WEDGES IN (SEE BELOW). ANYBODY HAVE ANY TIPS FOR ME, I've NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20/1873PUI.jpg

Jetdriver
    Heres a tip! DONT **** IT UP!!!!!!!

SHIFTY
    Get Your Ass To My House And F*** It Up Yourself...

SHIFTY
    COME ON, YOU JACKASSES

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    How much wedge are you installing? Are you installing it up or down? Can you rotate that piece that bolts to the actual plate?
    Dont use lock nut because they have a tendacy to pull the stud out. Use regular stainless nuts. If you have the studs that have the hex cut out of the middle then you can use a locknut. It will be more work to remove the nuts in the future if you do.
    Answer those questions and we can go from there

RCB19
    A good starting point is 4* up to keel on the plate. Lay a straight edge on the bottom of the plate and measure the distance between the bottom edge of the droop and the straight edge. Keep this measurement between 3/4 to 1/2 inch. You don't want your hardware dragging in the water. When you change your shoe depth, plate angle and your nozzle angle with wedges these measurements will change. Keep that in mind. That steering setup looks a little scarry. :2purples:

SHIFTY
    A good starting point is 4* up to keel on the plate. Lay a straight edge on the bottom of the plate and measure the distance between the bottom edge of the droop and the straight edge. Keep this measurement between 3/4 to 1/2 inch. You don't want your hardware dragging in the water. When you change your shoe depth, plate angle and your nozzle angle with wedges these measurements will change. Keep that in mind. That steering setup looks a little scarry. :2purples:
    HOW DO YA FIGURE?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That steering setup looks a little scarry. :2purples:
    Why is that? That is the proper geometry with a droop. Mine is like that and I have no drifting issues whatsoever. Please explain why it looks scary........

SHIFTY
    How much wedge are you installing? Are you installing it up or down? Can you rotate that piece that bolts to the actual plate?
    Dont use lock nut because they have a tendacy to pull the stud out. Use regular stainless nuts. If you have the studs that have the hex cut out of the middle then you can use a locknut. It will be more work to remove the nuts in the future if you do.
    Answer those questions and we can go from there
    I THROWIN IN SIX DEGREES UP. (2) TWOs, AND (2) ONEs. YES, UPON CLOSER INSPECTION, I CAN. IT HAS AN ALAN HEAD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PLATE THAT I WILL LOOSEN TO ROTATE THE THE TURNBUCKLES 90 DEGREES. ALSO, KEEPING IN MIND MY MEASUREMENT FROM DROOP TO RIDEPLATE, AND MAKE SURE THAT REMAINS THE SAME WHEN I AM FINISHED.
    I HAVE S/S STUDS, AND ANTI-SEIZE. NO LOCKTITE. I HAVE NYLOCK NUTS, S/S WASHERS, AND LOCK WASHERS. I WAS GOING TO DOUBLE UP THE NYLOCK NUTS. Jetdriver DID HIS THIS WAY AND HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS, SO THAT IS MY PLAN AS WELL.
    FIRE AWAY MIKEY :crossx:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I THROWIN IN SIX DEGREES UP. (2) TWOs, AND (2) ONEs. YES, UPON CLOSER INSPECTION, I CAN. IT HAS AN ALAN HEAD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PLATE THAT I WILL LOOSEN TO ROTATE THE THE TURNBUCKLES 90 DEGREES. ALSO, KEEPING IN MIND MY MEASUREMENT FROM DROOP TO RIDEPLATE, AND MAKE SURE THAT REMAINS THE SAME WHEN I AM FINISHED.
    I HAVE S/S STUDS, AND ANTI-SEIZE. NO LOCKTITE. I HAVE NYLOCK NUTS, S/S WASHERS, AND LOCK WASHERS. I WAS GOING TO DOUBLE UP THE NYLOCK NUTS. Jetdriver DID HIS THIS WAY AND HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS, SO THAT IS MY PLAN AS WELL.
    FIRE AWAY MIKEY :crossx:
    6* of wedge :2purples: :2purples: What are you trying to do? Knock airplanes out of the sky I had a 7* in my pump last year and I couldnt keep my boat in the water. My rooster was huge though Get some pics of that tail for us. you should be fine with the studs. make sure that you use ALOT of antisieze. Them babies like to strip. Have fun today

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast