Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I keep blowing subs and need help.

Havasu Hangin'
    Have you seen how much the W7's are? I have spent some coin on subs before but the ones I have now are 2 for under 200$ and they lasted me 1 1/2 seasons.
    I was trying to keep it close to 300$ for each sub if possible but can adjust a little if need be. I have heard of the Bhramas and the lower SHIVAS from Adire over on the Sound Domain boards before but where can I get them on short notice?
    Heres a sub for you guys Resonant Engineering XXX and those are not red.
    32mm excursion one way compared to the JL's 16mm or so.
    http://www.reaudio.com/html/
    $200? Wow...I'd say you got your money's worth.
    However, if you burn through a few of those...you could have had some Brahmas for the same investment. I think I'm going with the Brahma's on my next install.
    I personally have never heard the XXX's...but some people seem to swear by them.
    If you wanna reproduce music, though...ditch the Kickers.
    Did I just say that outloud? Just kidding.

ROZ
    Adire makes good sheit... Juggs, what else can I say.. XXX are something you'd like to speak to STVKeith about...
    Kicker square subs have a breakin period and loosen as they are played... :notam:
    I'm a JL freak, though... If the 13w6 fits your parameters, why not go for it?

ROZ
    Your gains are up too high, or you are running the wrong ohms amp to subs.
    1 ohm 4ohm voice coil.
    Smell is you destroying the voice coil over repeated high outputs, kick the kickers to the can and go for the W7.
    You'll be happy, and have fun trying to blow 'em up.
    His speaker just lost it after playing at double its rated RMS power for a period of time...

Phat Matt
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I saw some video once of a guy with I think a couple of Brahma subs in his cars that hit so hard it broke his door.

ROZ
    I saw some video once of a guy with I think a couple of Brahma subs in his cars that hit so hard it broke his door.
    Don't think I'd recomend for a boat then.....

Phat Matt
    Don't think I'd recomend for a boat then.....
    These might throw out a wake while you are sitting there...
    Brahma 15" vid (http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Adire/brahma15.3.wmv)
    Here's the door buster... (http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Adire/brahma12.3.wmv)
    Here's a Brahma 10" (http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Adire/brahma10.1.wmv)

STV_Keith
    XXX are something you'd like to speak to STVKeith about...
    I really like the RE lineup. Had 3 JL 10w6's in my TA back in the day - worked real well...the two 10" RE's in my truck now blow those away IMO. And those are just the little SX's. I do have a XXX 15 at the house that I use for home theatre...works well.
    Bobby, give me a call. I can put you in touch with my guy at RE. Great prices, and he would be able to tell you if your box will work, or what would need to be done to get it to work real well with some RE's.

BOBALOO
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, I now have to decide which ones I am going to do.

Phat Matt
    I think the real question is "who is subs"? You might be able to find a support group for that problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast