Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Piece Oil Pan Gasket????

GofastRacer
    I see some have said they work perfect... I have found tho that the pan rail is the key.. The pans that have the embossed/stamped ribs pointing to the engine block rail do not seal well when using these gaskets, without using "silicone adhesive" not ultra. I tried twice before I found out the pan with the stamped convex ribs interfere with the seal on the one part gaskets. I had to do some pan work, I filed the ribs down to a minimum and made sure the pan was relatively flat. The pans without the ribs or at least concave ribs work very well I hear. Just my 02
    Those one piece gaskets are based on the old style factory pan (I have a Corvette pan on mine)and it fits perfectly, no sealers and no leaks works over and over, wish they would have came out with those 25yrs ago!..

DogHouse
    I've been using the Felpro version for a few years now, 4.5" stroker motor with a stamped steel pan (Olsen), no leaks. I do put a little silicone in the tough spots (corners).
    -brian

GofastRacer
    We use (and re-use) the SCE brand and they work really well. As GoFast said if the pan's not beat up they ARE the shit. One of our dry sump pans has been "windowed" and repaired and it is not perfect. Since these gaskets have standoff bushings that prevent over tightening, it leaked. We had to use some silicone and it sealed just fine... Sure beats cork! Heck, even wine bottles are getting away from cork seals.
    S&S
    Hey Randy, what color are the SCE???. I got mine at a speed shop and theyr'e blue but they just had a pile sitting there unwrapped, have no idea what brand they are, they just work!..

GofastRacer
    I've been using the Felpro version for a few years now, 4.5" stroker motor with a stamped steel pan (Olsen), no leaks. I do put a little silicone in the tough spots (corners).
    -brian
    I don't even use silicone in the corners, it's a perfect fit!..

Stab-n-Steer
    Hey Randy, what color are the SCE???. I got mine at a speed shop and theyr'e blue but they just had a pile sitting there unwrapped, have no idea what brand they are, they just work!..
    The blue ones are most likely Fel-Pro... The SCE's are dark gray. I buy them from Summit, a bit cheaper than the FP's.
    S&S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12