Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was your memorial day weekend??

Greaser
    I had a great time, even though my boat is out of comission.
    We went camping at Rocky creek park on lake Somerville. It was a blast.

wrenchdaddy
    i had to work today but this past weekend I was at lake livingston for 4 days at my uncles lake house, it was pretty fun. Thought I hydrolocked the motor sunday morning but I think it was my starter. I went to start it up and it turned over kinda and then it just made a loud clunk and felt like it locked up. this was while we we're wakeboarding. I got a tow back to the house and pulled the plugs, turned it over and everything was dry. So I put the plugs back in and she fired up and ran great. I think my starter may be crapping out. I think I got some bad gas too over the weekend cuz it was dieseling pretty bad and every once in a while I could hear a pop in the exhaust liek a back fire or somethin not real noticable unless ur listening for it. Other than that no other problems.

vdrivenman
    we made two attempts at rayburn, but got rained out both times so we went for a bike ride on saturday and watched open wheel and nascar racing sunday.
    sat on the deck today, cooked and had a few drinks and thought of my dad and ALL the other vet's who have served our country and made what we did for the weekend possible!
    God Bless America & Our Military !

Taylorman
    Had a great weekend. We went out to a local river and watched champ boat races sat. Sunday a bunch of us floated for a few hours and drank more than a few beverages. Got stopped by the game warden twice for doing nothing. First time i was leaving all the boats floating. I was the only jet so they all wanted me to get on it. As i left i put up the tail and ran wot for a couple second when i saw flashing lights. I stopped, turned off the boat and waited for him to pull up to me. He said i was operating recklessly and he said to keep the motor in the water when around other boats. I said yes sir and he let me go. Later that afternoon, i took my brother for a ride. Im going straight about 40 mph with the tail up and he stops me again. This time i kinda told him that i was doing nothing wrong, he still let me go.
    Cant wait till Somerville. So who will the pump guru be in the group at Somerville. Im having a problem with pump setup that i can't figure out. I want a second set of eyes to look it over to see if they can see something that im not seeing.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...61DCP_5185.JPG

sdba069
    Well, I worked all weekend, pretty much. Did take off about the middle of the afternoon Sunday and watch races the rest of the day. We had a fish fry Saturday and had to move it in the shop when the rain came. Interesting, trying to work on boats in and around about 35 people. Was able to make a few people happy and keep them on the water with some minor repairs. As always, running behind trying to get drag boats ready for next weekend. Lots of people on Whitney and the Brazos this weekend even with the rain.

oldbuck40
    didnt do much of anything cause of the rain, i did get the intake and the heads off so im ready for when the new heads get here this afternoon!

Seadog
    Other than missing Indy and Charlotte, and the false weather reporting that said it would rain Sunday, I had a great three days of boating on Grand.

Devilman
    Finished up the boat late Saturday afternoon. Took it Sunday morning to try and light it up. Started right up (couldn't believe it!) and sprayed water all over the place out the intake where a mechanical temp gauge had been. Whoops. Go home, get the gauge to plug the hole. Tried again, battery's dead. Blew its wad on the first shot. Tried another battery. Fired up, died, battery #2 down the drain. Go home again, rob battery out of truck, fired up. Success!! By then, the wind was up, so was the chop. Ran around for 10 minutes or so then we're sitting there idling, checking things out. Wife hit the switch for the bilge & the boat died right there, like turning off a light. Paddle with the wind for a while towards the ramp till a guy comes along & tows us the rest of the way. (Gotta luv them fellow boaters!) Sunday morning I find the wiring problem that put the paddle in my hands. Although it's not a permanent fix, I got it fixed good enough to run it Monday afternoon at Colet. Glorious afternoon!!! Great company, boat ran like a top, cold beer, lotsa loud boats, & everyone made it home safely!! Couldn't ask for more than that!! I'm soooo ready for Somerville!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    had plans of making it out to Medina.......that fell thru. got sick end of last week and thursday evening my mother in-law had a heart attack. We spent most of our holiday weekend worrying in the waiting room. she had open heart surgery on Monday (triple bypass) and came thru fine It was a very stressful weekend. I wish they could have done the surgery sooner. The weather sucked anyways.
    Omega

atxwrangler
    DEVILMAN, I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SEE THAT BOAT, THAT YOU BOUGHT FROM DAMEN.I KNOW YOU HAVE PUT LOTS OF WORK INT0 IT ,I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO STOP BY AND CHAT, LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!WE NEED MORE FELLOW JET BOATERS AROUND EDNA, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO PADDLE,HA HA!I WENT TO MEDINA LAKE LATE SUNDAY, BECAUSE I HAD TO WORK SATURDAY NIGHT.THERE WAS ONLY ABOUT 12 BOATS LEFT.THERE WERE ABOUT 20 TO 25 BOATS THERE ON SATURDAY, FROM WHAT I HEARD.IT IS A BEAUTIFUL LAKE,I WILL DEFINATELY GO NEXT YEAR.MY SOUTHWIND IS GOING INTO THE PAINT BOOTH THURSDAY,SHOULD BE RUNNING IN A MONTH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast