Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How was your memorial day weekend??

Devilman
    DEVILMAN, I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SEE THAT BOAT, THAT YOU BOUGHT FROM DAMEN.I KNOW YOU HAVE PUT LOTS OF WORK INT0 IT ,I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO STOP BY AND CHAT, LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!WE NEED MORE FELLOW JET BOATERS AROUND EDNA, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO PADDLE,HA HA!I WENT TO MEDINA LAKE LATE SUNDAY, BECAUSE I HAD TO WORK SATURDAY NIGHT.THERE WAS ONLY ABOUT 12 BOATS LEFT.THERE WERE ABOUT 20 TO 25 BOATS THERE ON SATURDAY, FROM WHAT I HEARD.IT IS A BEAUTIFUL LAKE,I WILL DEFINATELY GO NEXT YEAR.MY SOUTHWIND IS GOING INTO THE PAINT BOOTH THURSDAY,SHOULD BE RUNNING IN A MONTH.
    C'mon by the house when you get a chance! Usually get home around 6 during the week. Yeah, I'd like to meet some more jetters around here. We live out on CR 303, off of 1822. There's a jacked up, blue Ford 4x4 in the driveway. Sometimes the boats there, sometimes in storage, but it ain't far away!! I don't think a boat is ever "done" more of a work in progress! It's runnable now, but still has a few minor bugs to work out. I ran it Monday afternoon at Colet with no issues so we on the downhill slide now! Swing by sometime & introduce yerself! I usually got a few cold ones out in the fridge!!

Greaser
    had plans of making it out to Medina.......that fell thru. got sick end of last week and thursday evening my mother in-law had a heart attack. We spent most of our holiday weekend worrying in the waiting room. she had open heart surgery on Monday (triple bypass) and came thru fine It was a very stressful weekend. I wish they could have done the surgery sooner. The weather sucked anyways.
    Omega
    Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I hope she has a quick recovery.

atxwrangler
    i'll come by and meet you all.ps, i drink bud light.he! he!

R.A.D.man
    I road tripped from Austin to Bonham, TX. The lake is small (1000 acres) but nice and having all my family on waterfront is worth it every time. Rainy weekends are sometimes best on the big holidays cause as soon as it stops, you can have the whole lake to yourself. The boat did get swamped once with at least 100 gallons but all is well. Be careful letting others play around with a diverter. A diverter all the way up while slowing to a stop with the wheel turned all the way equals lots of water over the back corner. Boat never died thankfully and we idled in to let the bilge work for about 30-minutes. It was anlke deep in front of the motor. Kinda scary for a second though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12