Thread: need help

NATE480
    Ok, I have a 18ft Tahiti with a 454 (stock to my knowledge) with a berk 12jg pump. I picked up the boat and it ran but would flood and cut out like someone turned the key off. Rebuilt the carb (850dp), and found the dist was bad, replaced that. No more cutting off except for when I let out of the gas like its flooding. So I pulled the 850 off and put a 750 on still the same, runs a little smoother but still won't idle?? By smoother I mean better pick up and lowr rpm"s at the same speed?? HELP!!!

victorfb
    check the fuel preasure.

NATE480
    So maybe the pressure is too high and when I'm letting out it's dumping raw fuel in and cuttin it out?? AH I see said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw!! Am I right?

SmokinLowriderSS
    Bad float seats not shutting the fuel off and letting it flood at below cruise RPM's?

NATE480
    OK I picked up a fuel pressure gauge, I'll try to get it on tonight. About the bad float seats, I would go with that but I had the 850dp rebuilt and the guy is good, I mean real good, and I even tried a 750dp that we know nothing is wrong with it, and got the same problem. I want to try the basics like setting the timing at stock, rechecking the plugs, checking the wirinig again, putting a single line 4 barrel on it, just the simple setup and single out the problem. What do you guys think? I have about run out of ideas, but I wil check the fuel pressure tonight since everyone seems to ask that!

NATE480
    smokin tell me a little about your boat, I assume thats it in the pic, looks nice