Thread: Nice dock job on Elsinore on Mon

Danhercules
    Some guy at at Elsinore thought he would drive his boat up the dock. He was nose to the dock, with his passenger getting off the bow, and I guess he thought he was in reverse, but he was not, goosed it and almost beached it on the dock. WOW> what a sight.

Wavemaker
    I saw a similar incedent occur at Lake Arrowhead some years ago. The guy pulled into his slip a little hot, and after several manuvers shifting back & forth from forward to reverse he hit the throttle to stop the boat right at the desired position. Only problem was he thought it was in reverse and the whole boat jumped up onto the dock, knocking their dock box across the dock and narrowly missed several of us on the dock. We were sitting in deck chairs at near by slips in front of his. A very scary experience to be sure. Docking is such a routine thing around the various slips on busy holiday weekends. Nobody expected what happened and it was all very sudden. Just lucky no one was injured or worse.
    -Wavemaker

dmontzsta
    Where were you dude? I didnt see you all day.

Danhercules
    Where were you dude? I didnt see you all day.
    I helped a buddy with a problem on his boat, so we did not launch till. 1pm. We went to the cove an hung out all day. Little rought for my little boat. got off the water bout 5:30 or 6. I looked for you in the cove, but saw nada.

Brooski
    So your boat not only ran good, but floated the entire time too?
    Woo hooo!!!!

dmontzsta
    Once the chop started we were plowing through it, that 21'r was like a flatbottom, airborne just taking the chop...that was something...I actually talked my dad into putting his bimini top on, it really helps cut back, I think it is cool, he still hates it.

riverbound
    Some guy at at Elsinore thought he would drive his boat up the dock. He was nose to the dock, with his passenger getting off the bow, and I guess he thought he was in reverse, but he was not, goosed it and almost beached it on the dock. WOW> what a sight.
    I saw that guy. I couldnt believe it, even after he hit the dock he kept on the throttle :hammer2: