Thread: Well it aint a roost, but it will do!

Mighty Thor
    For those who have offered all the help and advise on getting my engine problem sorted out I present you with the following pictures. The Jetovator is installed but not hooked up so it is set in one position right now but still we were clipping along pretty good. No speedo yet but I don't care cause we were moving and no engine noise and no appearent water in the oil. Don't think it could get much better than this. My son seems to agree. We only went down to the river to tune the thing up a little, but it when it ran so smooth we decided to give it a try. We went about a mile up river and then back cause I hadn't put any gas in the boat. No point in filling the tank if the engine is broke. Well, after that first little test we just had to do more so my son stayed with the boat while I went on a gas run. 1/2 a tank and we were ready to explore up river a little. WOW, what a rush. We skimmed over the water and I swear it almost felt like flying. We went several miles, waving at everyone we saw. Too soon it was time to turn around. A 460, 4 barrels and a good sized boat means you use a little fuel having fun. So be it. Now I know why the previous owner added a second fuel tank in the boat. http://www.classicglastron.com/messa...nning_free.jpg
    This pretty much summs up our whole day today.
    http://www.classicglastron.com/messa...3317_Happy.jpg

victorfb
    damn if thats not the best thing ever. a great smile from your kid while having a day on the water with him and a boat thats working good. what an awsome story and pic. thanks for sharing it.

Squirtin Thunder
    Glad to hear it went good !!!

460 jus getn it
    its the best feeling being out there enjoying your hard work. glad everything went well.

Mighty Thor
    Those pictures might be clearer, but I bet we were doing about 40 mph and that was about 2/3 throttle. No speedo or tach yet so I was pretty easy on it but when you push the handle it sets you back in the seat. and that is with the jetovator set in one position. Now I gotta start collecting little stuff like cable bellows, blower hose, stern lights, etc.

Floored
    glad to see the fun, looked like a nice day up there. Have a fun summer!!

Cas
    Congrats!! Glad to read and see you finally got it in the water
    it's been a long time coming!!

Mighty Thor
    Congrats!! Glad to read and see you finally got it in the water
    it's been a long time coming!!
    Yeah, but you been there the whole time. Thanks for everything man. I owe ya. Come up here, I'll show ya how to scare a trout.

Cas
    Come up here, I'll show ya how to scare a trout.
    you don't know how much I'd love to do that! One of these days!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    its the best feeling being out there enjoying your hard work. glad everything went well.
    AMEN!!!