Thread: land help

KACHINA KEN
    I am buying a sliver of land from my neighbor on the north side of my house and I need to have it documented properly. What is the procedure for this? I am in AZ BTW.

totenhosen
    Check with a title company. (As you know in AZ escrow and title are done by the same company) They should be able to properly document the transfer for you.

KACHINA KEN
    thats it? Sounds easy.

Boatcop
    You'll need to have the "sliver" surveyed, and the deed transfer (quit claim, Deed of trust, whatever) recorded with the County Recorder's Office. You should also get the County Planning and Zoning Office to look at it, and ensure that the zoning for the "sliver" is consistent with the zoning for your property.
    When it comes to dividing property, there are a ton of laws out here on how can and can't be done, and the size involved. It all depends on how the property is zoned. Planning and Zoning can help you with that, also.
    A title search and/or title insurance is a good idea also. Just to make sure that the land is theirs to sell.

callbob4homes
    You'll need to have the "sliver" surveyed, and the deed transfer (quit claim, Deed of trust, whatever) recorded with the County Recorder's Office. You should also get the County Planning and Zoning Office to look at it, and ensure that the zoning for the "sliver" is consistent with the zoning for your property.
    When it comes to dividing property, there are a ton of laws out here on how can and can't be done, and the size involved. It all depends on how the property is zoned. Planning and Zoning can help you with that, also.
    A title search and/or title insurance is a good idea also. Just to make sure that the land is theirs to sell.
    we have a winner