Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here own a Commander Signature 29'?

Kilrtoy
    Do I know this guy?
    Yes you do and he is ready to make an offer , but not happy now with Commander....

H20 Toie
    In all fairness to the company (and I don't even own one) you are talking 1990 vs. 2002. Apples / Oranges.
    It's still the same owner.

Beer-30
    What I mean is, a 1990 boat is gonna need some work. Also, alot has been learned about what works in boats from then till now. Screws vs. bolts, gas tank mounting, etc.
    A 2002 will not need near the upkeep or tweaking. That's all I meant.

Throttle
    yep, same, same.
    don't get wet!

H20 Toie
    What I mean is, a 1990 boat is gonna need some work. Also, alot has been learned about what works in boats from then till now. Screws vs. bolts, gas tank mounting, etc.
    I would hope they build them better now. But thats not the issue it's the fact that there are a lot better boats with owners that will stand behind there product, do a search i am not the only one or two or even ten that have had problems with them, it's just that for me my family could have been seriously hurt over a problem that did not need to happen.

Teabagger
    I've read the threads and it seems both issues I found are with a little older and used boats, but I don't think that excuses the issues or how they handled them. They should have taken care of them.
    With that said, I'm guessing they sell probably 100-200 boats a year? If there is only a handful of issues, it doesn't seem that bad of a record IMHO?
    What makes Shockwave or Sunsation a better built boat? What should I be on the lookout for between brands in this class/price of boat.

Phat Matt
    I've read the threads and it seems both issues I found are with a little older and used boats, but I don't think that excuses the issues or how they handled them. They should have taken care of them.
    With that said, I'm guessing they sell probably 100-200 boats a year? If there is only a handful of issues, it doesn't seem that bad of a record IMHO?
    What makes Shockwave or Sunsation a better built boat? What should I be on the lookout for between brands in this class/price of boat.
    They do put a lot of boats out on the market. I have one and haven't had any problems and love the boat. They have also taken care of me and people I know personally when something came up. I can't complain about them or there service. But then again, that's just my opinion, just like everyone else's on the boards. Maybe I am lucky and they just treat me different. Who knows? Good luck with whatever decision you make.
    Matt

dicudmore
    ultimately as Matt said... Its your $$$ and your call so get what makes you and your family happy. Anything on the water is a good thing...
    Personally I know people with Commanders that love them, and some not so happy owners....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123