Ok I took the boat out today for the first time after adding a split bowl, droop, ride plate and 2* wedge.. I spoke with Jack at MPD who gave me some pointers for setting a starting point on the rideplate and wedge. I ended up at 2* up wedge and I think (I don't remember off hand) at 5* up in relation to the keel on the ride plate
The bottom has been blueprinted and pump setback as well as a backcut shoe. It was a bit hard to tell as the water wasn't to good but here is what i noticed.
First thing i noticed was the boat had a whole lot more bow rise and took much longer to get on plane.. Is this typical with a droop? This was with the diverter in full down.
There seemed to be alot of feedback (left hand preasure) on the steering wheel like something on the diverter was dragging and making me put right imput in the wheel to stay straight. What is causing this?
Before these changes the boat had a mild porpoise above 70mph that could be tuned out by the diverter.. Now it has a low speed porpoise that you can't fully get rid of even with full down diverter.
Anyone have any input on these items? I'm assuming I should start by either droping the ride plate or flipping the wedge??? Im thinking either one would help with bow rise and planeing, and at least give me some more down diverter as i'm thinking full up may be way to much up. but i'm thinking that by dropping the plate it might free up the steering?
just wondering where to start adjusting from here.
thanks