Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What you go through to go boating......

Mighty Thor
    lifter problem is all taken care of. it wasnt the springs it was the rocker nut that was backing its self off. lucky it didnt do any damage and i have since installed poly locks to take care of the problem.
    Yep, that is a real pain in the ass. My Crane Cam Posi Locks just got delivered and I will be installing this week. On mine every nut was so loose you could turn them all with your fingers and they would just spin up and down the stud. These new ones have a set screw so you can lock the nut to the stud. I am also looking at getting roller tips, You use them right? Any downside or recomendations?

460 jus getn it
    Yep, that is a real pain in the ass. My Crane Cam Posi Locks just got delivered and I will be installing this week. On mine every nut was so loose you could turn them all with your fingers and they would just spin up and down the stud. These new ones have a set screw so you can lock the nut to the stud. I am also looking at getting roller tips, You use them right? Any downside or recomendations?
    im not a pro on rockers,i just used them cause they fit my budget at that time. i havent had any problems and i spin my boat to 5100. im sure there are some threads about what type of rockers to use. i hear comp, harlend sharp, and crane gold are the way to go.

moneysucker
    If the guy that was mouthing off had a boat he wouldn't be mouthing off because he would have realized how hard it is to have and keep something nice. Like I tell guys that are around mine or my brothers boats and start feeling bad about their own boats saying that it is a pile or what ever. If you have fun with it and you are trying I will do everything I can to help you make it something you feel proud of. Everyone has to start somewhere and starting out with a brand new boat really doesn't help you to appreciate the efforth that goes into these boats we drive. I had one guy come up and start splashing my brothers motor (Big No No) and he spends all day wiping water spots off. The guy came running over to antagonize him into racing a guy that was pulling in in a picklefork saying he was calling us out. The splasher was warned that one more splash was going to land him in asskick ville and if he wanted to race in the crappy water he counl run outand buy a boat of his own and go for it. The guy pulling in was a friend of ours and was out for the first day in a new boat and wanted nothing to do with racing by the idiot sand bar in bad water. People are naturally stupid and beer makes it worse. Sad but true. Glad to hear the boat is rapaired see you at CBBB.

cave
    460 jus getn it, any problems with your decibel levels? No problems with the Sheriff? I misplaced my inserts.

Mighty Thor
    You guys offering to Whoop Ass should reevaluate what is really important. I am not criticizing here, but warning. As a senior citizen who has reached the age where I may not be able to get the job done anymore with out a club I have learned that very few insults in this world are worth a felony conviction for assault. I know that lots of assholes are just asking for it, but in a society where spanking your kid gets you a prison record, beating someone for splashing water is not likely to be looked upon with understanding by the local judge. On the other hand, a dead fiish on the intake or other part of his car will leave a lasting reminder that "you stink" and it isn't as likely to get you arrested.

460 jus getn it
    460 jus getn it, any problems with your decibel levels? No problems with the Sheriff? I misplaced my inserts.
    cave i saw the law one time up there i gave them a wave they waved back and headed off. jimmy are you going out this weekend?

whats up with that...decibels??...i would love to come down some time during the summer after i get it all together & u send me my parts?...love to meet u guys...u all sound kewl
    fastrat

460 jus getn it
    whats up with that...decibels??...i would love to come down some time during the summer after i get it all together & u send me my parts?...love to meet u guys...u all sound kewl
    fastrat
    the law down here hasnt said a thing to me about my noise level. i know that my boat is louder than shit, but they havent said anything yet. i get a lot of thumbs up from them thats about it

hey jimmy...
    the more i look at ur boat...the more things i see lol...i notice a goodie around the bk of the boat sitting on the rear...that looks like a splash guard?...did u make that?...i've been looking for 1 for my boat & cant seem to find anyone that makes one
    fastrat

MudPumper
    396, I had the same shit happen last season. Heard the motor sound different, checked pressure and it was falling. Luckily I was on my way back to the ramp and was only a couple hundred yards away. What a pain in the ass to pull the intake just to simply set the lifter back in place and tighten the rocker. :mix:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast