Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What you go through to go boating......

cave
    Thats my question Fastrat. I was wondering if Tyro & Mike got the "Hey your boat is LOUD Looks from the Sheriff dept.
    Ron didnt you get my email to ya on the parts?
    I ask this question cause on Sunday night I took the boat to the ramps and ran my motor for a bit and a bunch of people came down to the ramp to see what all the noise was Noise? Hell thats the sound of a happy 454 BBC finally getting a mild work out on the trailer. Soon on the lake....

460 jus getn it
    396, I had the same shit happen last season. Heard the motor sound different, checked pressure and it was falling. Luckily I was on my way back to the ramp and was only a couple hundred yards away. What a pain in the ass to pull the intake just to simply set the lifter back in place and tighten the rocker. :mix:
    o its a real pain in the ass. we were about 1/2 mile from the dock. but its back together and runnig great.slight oil leak cant seen to find where its comming from but ather than that its all good.......

[QUOTE=cave
    Ron didnt you get my email to ya on the parts?
    i got ur e-mail...i asked u to just send them C.O.D. & sent u my addy?...also...u didnt answer my ? on the goodie on the bk of ur boat?
    fastrat

moneysucker
    You guys offering to Whoop Ass should reevaluate what is really important. I am not criticizing here, but warning. As a senior citizen who has reached the age where I may not be able to get the job done anymore with out a club I have learned that very few insults in this world are worth a felony conviction for assault. I know that lots of assholes are just asking for it, but in a society where spanking your kid gets you a prison record, beating someone for splashing water is not likely to be looked upon with understanding by the local judge. On the other hand, a dead fiish on the intake or other part of his car will leave a lasting reminder that "you stink" and it isn't as likely to get you arrested.
    Personally, I would rather take a beating than have someone F with my boat, truck, house or any of my other material possesions or family, I do see where you are coming from but some of these disrespectful idiots need a beating but you are right and I am usually really careful about pissing people off even if they do deserve the beating of their life because My stuff is noticable and most everyone knows my place out there and can come by any time and get back at me. You are right but there should be a way to stop the constant stream of idiotic coments from jellous people or those riding in daddy's boat thinking they are bad. It is just irritating, that is all.
    CY

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    whats up with that...decibels??...i would love to come down some time during the summer after i get it all together & u send me my parts?...love to meet u guys...u all sound kewl
    fastrat
    The sherrif dont bother us. I ran my olds for 2 years with DRY headers and never a problem. All they did was wave at me And that olds was really loud. Matter of fact, my ears rang after I ran it

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    hey jimmy...
    the more i look at ur boat...the more things i see lol...i notice a goodie around the bk of the boat sitting on the rear...that looks like a splash guard?...did u make that?...i've been looking for 1 for my boat & cant seem to find anyone that makes one
    fastrat
    Call bergeron @480-834-1531 and ask for brian. Thery have them in stock for $175

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Personally, I would rather take a beating than have someone F with my boat, truck, house or any of my other material possesions or family, I do see where you are coming from but some of these disrespectful idiots need a beating but you are right and I am usually really careful about pissing people off even if they do deserve the beating of their life because My stuff is noticable and most everyone knows my place out there and can come by any time and get back at me. You are right but there should be a way to stop the constant stream of idiotic coments from jellous people or those riding in daddy's boat thinking they are bad. It is just irritating, that is all.
    CY
    Amen!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    396, I had the same shit happen last season. Heard the motor sound different, checked pressure and it was falling. Luckily I was on my way back to the ramp and was only a couple hundred yards away. What a pain in the ass to pull the intake just to simply set the lifter back in place and tighten the rocker. :mix:
    I wont have that problem with my boat. I have comp stainless rollers with polylocs and stud girdles Just to lock that ass up

cave
    The sherrif don't bother us. I ran my olds for 2 years with DRY headers and never a problem.
    Good to know cause I can find my mufflers.
    I made my own splash guard. Phil & co didn't have one at the time in stock for my Kachina. Fastrat give Bergeron a call Its way easier to buy one made than to bend 3/8" poly carb. Its not that much more cost wise.
    Hijack apology :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Good to know cause I can find my mufflers.
    I made my own splash guard. Phil & co didn't have one at the time in stock for my Kachina. Fastrat give Bergeron a call Its way easier to buy one made than to bend 3/8" poly carb. Its not that much more cost wise.
    Hijack apology :rollside:
    Your ok. They just look for idiots that break the law. Sound dont mean shit to them Trust me I know. I blew by them last year in the olds with the rooster wide open throttle and they just waved Last month we pulled up next to them at the bathrooms in the back and they waved and smiled at us They are cool. I wouldnt worry about them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123