Thread: Working with stainless lines

baxt3r
    I'm getting ready to do a little replumbing on my boat and need to know what I should be using to cut stainless fuel line. This is my first attempt at working with this stuff so I would like to get a little knowledge on it before I screw up several feet of fairly expensive stuff.
    I'm pretty sure I got the right size fittings and line (I can always send it back if it's not right). I just need to know a good way to make the cuts.
    Thanks for any help.

GofastRacer
    I'm getting ready to do a little replumbing on my boat and need to know what I should be using to cut stainless fuel line. This is my first attempt at working with this stuff so I would like to get a little knowledge on it before I screw up several feet of fairly expensive stuff.
    I'm pretty sure I got the right size fittings and line (I can always send it back if it's not right). I just need to know a good way to make the cuts.
    Thanks for any help.
    Are you talking hard line or braided line????

Havasu Hangin'
    Hose cutters?
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...m-900040_w.jpg
    If you don't want to spend the $40, I've used a Dremel tool for awhile now with no problems.
    Hard line? Pipe cutter.

baxt3r
    I wasn't too sure I wanted to spend the money on cuttters, but I think I will. If I change all the lines I plan on changing, I'm sure it will save me some extra headaches.
    GoFast....it's braided line. Not the hard stuff.

schiada96
    Hose cutters?
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...m-900040_w.jpg
    If you don't want to spend the $40, I've used a Dremel tool for awhile now with no problems.
    Hard line? Pipe cutter.
    That's the easy way to do it, and a pair of aluminum hose end jaws for your vise.