Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parker Deaths Memorial Weekend!

Danhercules
    None!
    Arrested only 5 people for OUI, wrote a lot of tickets, mainly for lack of lifejackets.
    Any noise tickets?

shueman
    Thanks for the good news. We appreciate your being there and keeping watch.....

life's a river
    Great news! Thanks for keeping Parker safe.
    LAR

Cole Trickle
    It was a great weekend with fantastic weather.
    We pulled 2 drunk guys out of the water floating in the middle of the river 100 yards away from there broken down boat.One of the guys didn't have a life vest and was really struggling when we drug him out of the water.The guy with the life vest didn't have the vest clasped and was so drunk it took 3 of us to get him over the edge of the boat. :hammerhea
    We took them to the nearest dock and dropped them off.I can only imagine what would have heppened if we didn't see these guys floating.
    We avoided any dents-dings or scratches on the boat eventhough there was more than a couple sea-doo's that seemed to be aming for us.
    we had a blast as always!!
    Brandin

WYRD
    Props to the Parker Peeps...........Mission Accomplished

Mandelon
    Alan, I heard some crazy guy was towing an inflatable with a bunch of drunks on it at 1:00 am in the keys????
    "Can I see your ID? " We asked Ben that about 40 times on Monday! LOL
    Pleasure to finally meet you. Glad to hear the weekend was pretty safe. :chi:

Good news to hear Boatcop...thanks as always !!!!!

LHC30Victory
    Parker may have been safe but not near Site 6!
    Cole T, it seems you prevented what did happen in LHC:
    Divers search for missing Calif. man
    By Gary Weiand
    Monday, May 30, 2005 8:38 PM MDT
    Entering the water without a life jacket may have proved fatal for a visiting boater Sunday afternoon, according to a spokesman for the San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff's Department.
    Sgt. Phil Odom said the victim, 35-year-old Kevin Hughes of Glendale, Calif., was boating with friends about 5:05 p.m. when he got into Lake Havasu without a life preserver, possibly to cool off.
    The vessel was stopped 150 feet north of Site Six off the Island - but combined winds of 35 mph and turbulence from holiday boat traffic produced swells up to 4 feet high. Hughes went under water and a friend, Darren Lyons, 38, Pasadena, Calif., jumped in to help him - also without a life vest, according to information released by Odom. The remaining passengers didn't know how to operate a boat, but threw Lyons a personal flotation devise as they drifted away from him.
    Boat occupants flagged down a SBCSD patrol boat at about 5:10 p.m. Rescuers retrieved Lyons, who was some 200 yards from his boat and about to drown, Odom said, but Hughes was under water. Rescuers returned to the spot where he was last seen, and began diving within 20 minutes of the original flag down. They conducted a systematic search until their air supply was depleted, they said.
    According to the department, Hughes is presumed drowned. Recovery operations using sonar and scuba divers will begin today, they said.
    At this point alcohol does not appear to have played a part in the accident, the sheriff's report stated.

Biglue
    Alan, I heard some crazy guy was towing an inflatable with a bunch of drunks on it at 1:00 am in the keys????
    "Can I see your ID? " We asked Ben that about 40 times on Monday! LOL
    Pleasure to finally meet you. Glad to hear the weekend was pretty safe. :chi:
    What's up Mandilon? I saw you this weekend in the chanel next to the edukator. I would have stopped and intoduced myself but there was no place to beach next to you and you saw the traffic. I'd like to meet some the ***boaters eventually.

Mandelon
    What boat were you driving? We have a ton of pics. Next time say Hi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast