Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parker Deaths Memorial Weekend!

Biglue
    What boat were you driving? We have a ton of pics. Next time say Hi.
    I was driving my Commander 26 signature. It's red and yellow with orange fades. It's a tribal flame theme.

Nord
    I heard there was a hell of a party in the keys though!!!!

AirtimeLavey
    Glad to hear it!!! :rollside:

ColeTR1
    Matter of fact, there were no reported serious accidents either. No injuries. No drownings.
    Another good Holiday Weekend where everyone went home with the same number of perople and toys they came with.
    Thanks to all that were here for keeping it safe and making our job easier.
    That's Great News!! Thanks for Working & Keeping us Safe.

RiverDave
    Alan, I heard some crazy guy was towing an inflatable with a bunch of drunks on it at 1:00 am in the keys????
    I heard about that too.. LOL
    RD

my21advantage
    Parker may have been safe but not near Site 6!
    Cole T, it seems you prevented what did happen in LHC:
    Divers search for missing Calif. man
    By Gary Weiand
    Monday, May 30, 2005 8:38 PM MDT
    Entering the water without a life jacket may have proved fatal for a visiting boater Sunday afternoon, according to a spokesman for the San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff's Department.
    Sgt. Phil Odom said the victim, 35-year-old Kevin Hughes of Glendale, Calif., was boating with friends about 5:05 p.m. when he got into Lake Havasu without a life preserver, possibly to cool off.
    The vessel was stopped 150 feet north of Site Six off the Island - but combined winds of 35 mph and turbulence from holiday boat traffic produced swells up to 4 feet high. Hughes went under water and a friend, Darren Lyons, 38, Pasadena, Calif., jumped in to help him - also without a life vest, according to information released by Odom. The remaining passengers didn't know how to operate a boat, but threw Lyons a personal flotation devise as they drifted away from him.
    Boat occupants flagged down a SBCSD patrol boat at about 5:10 p.m. Rescuers retrieved Lyons, who was some 200 yards from his boat and about to drown, Odom said, but Hughes was under water. Rescuers returned to the spot where he was last seen, and began diving within 20 minutes of the original flag down. They conducted a systematic search until their air supply was depleted, they said.
    According to the department, Hughes is presumed drowned. Recovery operations using sonar and scuba divers will begin today, they said.
    At this point alcohol does not appear to have played a part in the accident, the sheriff's report stated.
    Wow...that sad to hear
    Prayer's out to the family of the missing boater

Mandelon
    I heard about that too.. LOL
    RD
    Amazing how that shit gets around.....

fourspeednup
    Fun, fun weekend! I had a great time, and it was a damn good thing those guys pulling skiers after dark were stopped...someone could have put an eye out, or gotten pneumonia :2purples:
    Cole Trickle--it was great hanging with you and your crew...how's the new 21'er feeling?
    Boatcop--nice meeting you up by the dam Saturday

RiverDave
    Man that's terrible to read that story with regards to the death up by site six. Sad to hear for sure.
    RD

MudPumper
    One boat also sank on the beach next to Roadrunner on Saturday. The knucklehead beached his boat, Transom Out, and went to the bar. Too bad his boat was a 18' low profile Jet and the river had some good swells rolling in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast