Thread: CP blow over at Aha Quin?

RexRathburn
    A couple of my friends were out at Aha Quin this weekend and said they heard about a CP blowing over. They heard that the guy was OK (a few broken ribs), but his boat sunk. Does anyone have any more info?

HBjet
    Saw him at Shell Beach (just above Lost Lake) on Saturday. His boat is a CP tunnel and he was doing passes up and down the river with his girlfriend. It had a pop-off and he was running with it open all the time (???). Heard a story at the beach from a buddy of his when the boat spun out at Perris as well. Glad he is ok, but no one should be running those tunnels at the river.
    HBjet

SoCal Power
    Driver is okay......no broken ribs, the boat is an 18 gullwing no pop-off, no girl friend. It did sink but was recovered and can be repaired. It did not blow over!

RexRathburn
    Driver is okay......no broken ribs, the boat is an 18 gullwing no pop-off, no girl friend. It did sink but was recovered and can be repaired. It did not blow over!
    Wow...the rumor mill really screwed that one up huh? If he didn't blow over what really happened? I'ts good to hear that he is truly OK.

HBjet
    Well, I heard of a CP tunnel that spun out... I wasn't there, but that's what I heard. It was at Lost Lake though...
    If all of these stories are legit, that makes 3 CP's with accidents this past weekend :frown:
    HBjet

Socal power, was it Lances boat? The one that was in ***boat? Purple/white 18..
    I know of most of the cps from quin, I spent alot of time there before I ended up at big river.If you dont mind saying, im curious to hear which one it was and why it happened. Possible learning experience for us..?
    The guy with the CP tunnell did get in a bit of trouble if the rumors are true, DJD placecraft said he saw him and his was leg was jacked up and the gunnell showed signs of him getting thrown into it. To be perfectly honest,Im not surprised that happened to him after talking with him, he doesnt belong in that boat.He already hooked it the first time out at Perris like HB mentioned, and stuffed his buddy up under the gunnell..LMAO I dont think he realized there were 3 types of cp's (one tunnel and 2 GW's) when he was in the market..Im sure hes got it all figured out now.
    There was another mishap with an 18 cp in needles where the hull failed due to a mystery roller, they recovered the boat, nobody was hurt, this was a friend of a friend, and it unfortunalty did happen.
    these boats are no joke, everyone please be careful.
    CS

Johnwithjm
    Well, I heard of a CP tunnel that spun out... I wasn't there, but that's what I heard. It was at Lost Lake though...
    If all of these stories are legit, that makes 3 CP's with accidents this past weekend :frown:
    HBjetThe story around Lost Lake about the CP tunnel is that one of his buddys got tossed out not the driver. Just what I heard.