Thread: What Amp to run Two W7's..?

cdog
    Thinking of upgrading eventually form my 2 eclipsle alum cone 12's and BP 1000 amp. I think one of the speakers is going weak. Thninking of 2 JL W7's. What amp do you run with them. They appear to handle 1000+ watts so do I run 2 JL 1000/1 amps.......Thats a lot of amps....Do they make a 1500 watt?

ROZ
    2 12w6v2's on a 1000.1 or 2 13w7 each with it's own 1000.1

cdog
    2 12w6v2's on a 1000.1 or 2 13w7 each with it's own 1000.1
    I'm pretty happy with the bass of the eclipse 12's but the JL's seem to be whats hot right now.....Looks like w6's are a direct replacement for what I have now??? I think the W7's will be a little too pricey for what I want to spend.

Cole Trickle
    I have heard both the W6v2 and the W7 and I was more impressed with the sound quality out of the W6.
    Going from those Eclipse subs to the W7's would be a mistake if you like clean tight bass.
    The W7's are really good at shaking the hell out of everything and doing it very loudly. :rollside:
    Brandin

ROZ
    I'm pretty happy with the bass of the eclipse 12's but the JL's seem to be whats hot right now.....Looks like w6's are a direct replacement for what I have now??? I think the W7's will be a little too pricey for what I want to spend.
    Eclipse subs are very good... If it ain't broke, don't fix it....

cdog
    Eclipse subs are very good... If it ain't broke, don't fix it....
    I think one of them is going bad. They are in a sealed box and don't push or compress at the same time. One follows the other. First I need to take out the speaker and check the wiring but I think it may be a speaker issue because i've allready had to glue the cone back to the inner speaker after it seperated. But it still sounds pretty good...

WYRD
    what should I expect to pay for a w7 10" I am thinking of replacing my Kicker 10's in my truck with the JL............I am running a Orion 1200D amp for my subs........any advice?

TrojanDan
    We have our two 10w7's wired to one JL10001 amp (courtesy of Roz of course). I would go with one JL1001 amp per sub to any 12" or bigger w7 though. Just be prepared to lose about 5mph. Those amps and speakers are heavy!