We were out at Elsinore yesterday. The first trip out in the morning was great, boat ran strong after staying up until midnight the night before rebuilding the top half, but right at the no wake zone going in to the cove, the boat stalls. The batteries were dead, seems all the stereo play just drained them down and from Cranes to the Cove wasnt enough to charge them (not to mention the stereo was full blast from Cranes to the Cove).
So, we are sitting there waiting for someone to pass, we see a whacker (I know this boat and saw him again, I will remember this boat and so will my dad). We ask "Hey, can you give us a tow to Cranes?" He acts as if he doesnt hear us, when he is 10' away. So I yell it once or twice more and finally he says "I need a soda" and continues in to the cove, I ask again and he says "I cant go that far". My son is crying cause he wants to go home and is a little scared. Me and my dad looked at eachother in shock, like "WTF is up with this guy". For all he knew we could have been taking on water or something. You dont just turn your back and drive away like that. About 1 hour later, what do we see? We are sitting on the beach and that boat was in front of cranes cruising along having a good ole time.
This just pisses me off, I dont know if it is anyone from the boards, but boaters with this attitude should not be on the water. If someone is in need, you must help them or atleast see what the deal is, especially if they are flagging you down. My dad ended up towing a guy and his daughter from in front of cranes all the way around the lake and to the city ramp shortly after this, he did not turn his back and say "I cant go that far".
I remember this boat and if it is out there again broken down, I will be sure to pass it up, I hate to act like that, but karma is a bioch. We usually cruise in packs of 2-3 boats too, but this time it was solo. I will be sure that from 1-3 or even sometimes 4 and 5 DO NOT stop for this boat, after all, we cant go that far and need a soda.