Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boaters Courtesy.

HM
    Dmon,
    I wouldn't have pulled you in either . My boat loads up when ideling for extended periods of time. I would have made sure to let you know and then gone to get you some help though. Never leave a boater stranded.
    BJH :boxed:
    I got towed in by a whacka guy that toasted his motor. Him and I were the only ones on the lake - and he didn't want to do it with his racing outboard motor because it did not cooperate with him under 2000 RPM and loaded up - but he did it any way as it was almost dark. Right when we got to elsinore marina, his wacka threw a rod. I actually offered to help pay in some way or form and he refused...he just laughed and said...."Just a good reason to rebuild it again" a true ***boater!! LOL
    I beleive it is illegal to not help a boat in distress. If you want to get even with the people who don't stop, get their CF's if you can with a description and report them. I don't know what happenss for minor things like needing a tow, but they can be held liable if damage, injuries, and even death resulting after they refuse to help.
    These guys that won't help a fellow boater are typically the guys who leave trash on the beach and etc. They are scum and hopefully no one will be hurt because of their inactions. I have a friend who used to not help anyone and I laid into him - and now he helps everyone fearing I might find out he didn't help someone.
    When ever I see an engine hatch up, even if they are not flagging me down, I will go check to see if they are o.k. I have ended up towing a few people that hadn't had to flag anyone as they had just started looking at why their boat stopped running. I actually towed someone from Cottonwood Bay to Katherines Landing - I wouldn't take any gas money.
    Hey, if you ever get standed, call me. I can be in the water in about 30 minutes from my house. I understand what it means to be stranded. I blew the engine on my flatty and got stuck on the east side of the lake and ended up trying to hold it off of the beach in about 3 ft of wind chop, and the water was 55 degrees!!

HM
    Besides Honey, we don't have a wacka! And its MY boat!!!!
    Hey, do you have a picture of your new boat? I know you guys are out there quite a bit just like me.

bordsmnj
    Hey, do you have a picture of your new boat? I know you guys are out there quite a bit just like me.
    look familiar?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0cove1-med.jpg
    we just missed meeting yuh.river bound was going to introduce us but we couldn't see yuh anywhere just your boat. had i zoomed out in that pic your boat would have appeared in the bottom right corner if the time of day was right. next time though. -jas

Mrs. Bordsmnj

dmontzsta
    The boat that towed me was not that kind. It was a TRUE outboard with STOKER 225 on the motor.
    Nice looking boat...did you already sell the old one?
    Why is it the women always want to claim it, but never do the work. :idea: j/p Linda, but...I am not playing with my Mrs. :sleeping: :supp:

bordsmnj
    oh,lindas got her work cut out for her. polishing the crome,polishing the pipes,and not just hafassed but all the ins and outs and cracks and crevices, some buffing on this a little wash down and that......
    had to sell the old one to get the new one.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    polishing the pipe.
    :wink:

HM
    look familiar?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0cove1-med.jpg
    we just missed meeting yuh.river bound was going to introduce us but we couldn't see yuh anywhere just your boat. had i zoomed out in that pic your boat would have appeared in the bottom right corner if the time of day was right. next time though. -jas
    Yep, I was right next to you. I was cruising with my 2 boys on the point (2 and 4). They both had buzz haircuts. And then we swam for a while next to the White outboard with the APBA sticker. There were a couple of kids from your group that came over and played with my kids for a little bit. I had the kids by myself as the wife was at home with our 2 month old. We were doing a little boys trip bonding.
    Next time I will at a minimum say hi!
    Oh, and your boat looks really great....pictures don't do it justice!!!

dmontzsta
    Yep, I was right next to you. I was cruising with my 2 boys on the point (2 and 4). They both had buzz haircuts. And then we swam for a while next to the White outboard with the APBA sticker. There were a couple of kids from your group that came over and played with my kids for a little bit. I had the kids by myself as the wife was at home with our 2 month old. We were doing a little boys trip bonding.
    Next time I will at a minimum say hi!
    Oh, and your boat looks really great....pictures don't do it justice!!!
    Hey Frank, your campbell is not a jet right? cause I saw a boat just like yours in front of us, but it was a jet.

HM
    Hey Frank, your campbell is not a jet right? cause I saw a boat just like yours in front of us, but it was a jet.
    I am gonna kick you in the junk for that, but I will still tow you in. I was not out there on monday.
    I also have a white bimini with two orange stripes - and the name is freshly painted on the back.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...P_2508-med.JPG
    And you will notice no jet in that picture. :coffeycup

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast