Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New LE attitude in Havi!

nodigg
    The LE was out in force but we had nothing but GOOD contact with them. Took photos for us in Copper Canyon, gave us key floaties and frisbies. Told us to "ahve a good time". WTF is up? Must be getting some feed back on job security and who pays the wages???

Biglue
    One deputy even smiled at us as we passed them in the chanel. I thought it was kind of wierd, but it's better than them having a shitty attitude towards the people and job.

Ziggy
    Its called good PR-----------they're just softening you up before they crack down
    It happens, they are people like us, just a different job that can interfere with our fun times, if you cross the line that is.

JetBoatRich
    The LE was out in force but we had nothing but GOOD contact with them. Took photos for us in Copper Canyon, gave us key floaties and frisbies. Told us to "ahve a good time". WTF is up? Must be getting some feed back on job security and who pays the wages???
    Maybe they were avoiding trash detail :jawdrop:

nodigg
    Just seemed like a whole different kind of patrol going on to me from previous contacts

WYRD
    Good to hear of positive interaction with LE

Tom Brown
    If I were granted one wish, it would be for people to respect each other more.
    Police shouldn't have to give out lollipops. Members should respect civilians. Civilians should respect members. That should be the default until there is cause for disrespect.

topless
    If I were granted one wish, it would be for people to respect each other more.
    Police shouldn't have to give out lollipops. Members should respect civilians. Civilians should respect members. That should be the default until there is cause for disrespect.I respect your member.

WYRD
    I respect your member.
    :jawdrop:

SummitKarl
    The streets in Havi were free of all but about 2 patrol cars the rest were assigned to the lake, I work with LHC on a daily bassis and for the most part Havasu LE is very easy going, how many places still let you lic. a quad on the road? They take part in the car shows I put on, and in general actualy are good people, "something I am not use to from San Diego LE", from the inside info I am privy to, here are a few things you all can do to help keep Havasu a place you want to come.
    1) the noise level echo's through the whole valley, so the new noise level restrictions are actually a good thing, you might actually hear something going wrong with your engine before it lets go!!!!, for those of you who don't understand exhaust systems (a little back pressure is a real good thing)
    2) when leaving a no-wake zone do not hammer the gas - that surely will get you a noise ticket and a unplannned visit to our Judge.
    3) when parked in the Channel TURN YOUR ENGINE OFF!!!!!!!!! if you need music that bad bring a spare Battery or Two.
    4) if your lucky enough to have (2) engines in you boat, PLEASE!!!!! use only one of them while navigating the channel, I love the smell of av-gas and 110 oct but there is such thing as too much of a good thing.
    5) PLEASE!!!!!!! make sure your Captian is SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6) absolutely no glass containers in the channel
    and a BIG THANKYOU to all of you that used trash bags this last weekend

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast